Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just left work for the day, driving home in the pouring rain. I hear a strange noise so I turn down the radio. It seems every time I turn a corner, there's a strange, shortclacking noise, coming from the front of the car.

"Oh bother!" I exclaimed (edited for decency sake). Another problem with this car. It's already going back to sort the trip computer. Could it be something to do with the rain sensor wipers? The cornering lights? Steering? It seems to be worse when cornering sharply.

I spent that drive home swearing profusely at the car.

The last few hundred yards of the journey is down a potholed, very bumpy road. It was then that I realised it was the sunglasses loose in the middle storage compartment that was doing the rattling around corners.

I'll take them out and wear them, to help hide my embarrassment....

·
Registered
921 Posts
It is such a good job I am sitting down I have tears of laughter running down my face

It is the best 'll laugh I have had in ages

Thank you x

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's fine. Scotland had it's summer at the weekend so I wont need them again til next year. It'll probablyrain solid til then;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
First thing I always do when a rattle or unknown sound occurs, is to take everything out of the doors, glove box and compartments. Try the car out and if the noise has gone put everything back in a bit more carefully. Last time it was a packet of Rennies rustling in the glove box.

·
Registered
921 Posts
You are just too practical the white ball
With both checking too see what rattles and with rennies Lol

The sunglasses rattle did make me laugh

Edited by: LynG

·
Registered
338 Posts
About 5 years ago I got myself £27000 top of the range Honda CR-V. After a week it started making strange rattling noise when I turned corners, round the roundabouts, on bends. Took everything out of the car but it still went on. Took it to the service and the technician and I went for a drive. Sure enough, the car made funny rattling noise. Back in the workshop two guys were all over it but no luck. My nephew then walks in from the shop next door and asked if the mechanics could help him retrieve the can of pop he stuffed under the seat and it got struckin the seat heating box area....

Anyone remembers VW Golf add with the squeaky earing of the driver's lady passenger?

·
Registered
921 Posts
yes I do I even had a pair of earnings that made a Simular noise ... but only I could here it they drove me mad they were quite expensive as well heh ho
Edited by: LynG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts