Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK......got the tax disc...got the registration document...joined the owners forum. What I don't have is the errr ummmm car !!!

Bought it 3 weeks ago and was told it was in a compound down South so delivery within the week. The week came and went...no car.

Phoned and was told it would be the middle of the following week, again no car.

Phoned and was told there's a problem with the transport drivers being on strike but should be here soon, nothing happened.

The dealer phoned me on Monday 31st March.They had expected the car that morning but it hadn't arrived but should be there in the afternoon. The problem was it had to be taxed by the end of the month which requires insurance, I had to phone and organise a 5 day drive away insurance which they would pay. The car didn't arrive that afternoon.

Phoned yesterday. Still problems with the delivery drivers, new expected delivery date 9th April...watch this space !!!

Great forum btw. I've only just had a quick browse and already found some useful info re the medianav. Loads to read yet.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Main provlem ....you've encountered it already...DELIVERY!!...You would have thought that Renault UK would be keen to make sure it is working....They are spending a lot promoting it....and it is worth the wait as it's a very capable, good car!!
You have to have the patience of a ....... because sitting here and reading the posts, I understood 12 to 14 week waits as it was new on the scene in July last year...but now?...apart from the relatively new 1.5 diesel auto, there shoukd be no problems!!!
I WONDER how the competition are getting on with rheir INFERIOR models?
Peugeot, Fiat, Ford must all be laughing if they don't have delivery problems!!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi Johnjo, your dealer won't happen to be Arnold Clark bishopbriggs would it? If so same excuse about driver strikes they were giving me, and if so think they may have wanted it registered to get it into March figures.

·
Registered
59 Posts
not surprised, that place is shocking, I was in there start of March, around the 4th and that's the story they were giving me, I got the impression they had no stock but wanted deposits on the basis 'the strike' was about to end. Never bought from there, got quotes off 3 other suppliers and guess what not another supplier mentioned 'a strike' and I'm now driving my new captur!I think they've registered a car for you to meet March and 2013-2014 end of year targets with no real hope of meeting delivery.
I would be kicking up a huge fuss as now your car is registered and the warranty has started which just now may not be important but at the other end it could be!
What model? I initially asked for expression model and they couldn't get one for months, the dymanique was near end of April.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ours is a Dynamique Medianav. It's supposed to be sitting in a compound someplace in England. Hopefully 9th April will be true. Good point about the warranty. The date of first registration is showing as 31st March so if the date they've given me happens OK then it's only 9 days lost. If it lingers on then it's obviously getting worse. I've already been on kicking up a fuss, believe me it's something I'm good at. Maybe I'll get a wee freebie like a tank of petrol or somethong. The strike seems to be true. I googled it and it comes back with news stories about Eddie Stobart car transport drivers threatening strike action. Apparently they deal with a high percentage of movement of new cars in the UK. Hopefully my next post will be to say it's arrived.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hopefully so mate, hope the 9 th is met. I got dymanique medianav also 1.5 diesel in Tahoe blue/ivory roof. It's right smart and we are very happy with the car. What colour have you ordered?Hope you got a good deal, I found them really expensive with not a lot of movement on prices. Saved a lot elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Watch Arnold....and don't accept it...
..not your problem...Guarantee starts when you get it....My daughter had a problem with them when according to them it was two days out of warranty!! WE eventually won our case but only with paper evidence and a lot of help from Trading Standards.....

·
Super Moderator
2,376 Posts
bigeater said:
I initially asked for expression model and they couldn't get one for months.....

When I was looking to buy in mid-February I was told that the Expression and Expression-Plus for the UK market were not going to be built until Week 24 at the earliest; that's mid-June. Add onto that a few weeks to get it to the UK, then to the dealer etc and you're talking July or August.

This of course excludes any cars in those trim levels that were built last year and remain unsold (not many left). Reason for the delay in building is due to high demand for the top trim levels which are more profitable for Renault

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought a dacia from Arnold Clark bishopbriggs back in August and vowed never to buy again from them. I went in to them purely to get info, test drive car and generally to waste a morning of their time with no intention of ever buying from there. Used their best deal which was pretty rubbish anyway as a starting point when shopping elsewhere and selfishly enjoyed telling the salesman I've bought elsewhere when he phoned me up, think he genuinely thought he had a sale in the bag. Small payback for me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ours is Tahoe blue all over, really nice shade of blue. Hopefully we'll be as happy with it as everybody on this forum seems to be. The only gripe I've seen so far is the delivery issue.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Almost the same situation as me right now

I ordered black with Arizona roof dynamique S at renault retail

Was told delivery on 1st April but nothing turned up and it's now the end of the week and still nothing

I too have received the tax disc and v5c form stating my car was registered on 31st march, I've even received my RCI finance docs through the post.

I own a car which I don't have :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mole320 said:
I've even received my RCI finance docs through the post.

I own a car which I don't have :(

Surely you're not expected to start paying for a car that hasn't been delivered yet

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's exactly what's going through my head right now

My first payment due to come out for the 8th May, its small while away yet but if get that car close to that payment I will be disputing this as I have had a whole month without something that im paying a lot of money for.

·
Registered
215 Posts
got mine from arnolds paisley branch,,,,, 5 days late ,i contacted renault uk who kept me informed of what was happening and also phoned to say they would be contacting the garage to make sure there was a full tank of diesel in the tank for the 5 days inconvenience

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GORDONR said:
got mine from arnolds paisley branch,,,,, 5 days late ,i contacted renault uk who kept me informed of what was happening and also phoned to say they would be contacting the garage to make sure there was a full tank of diesel in the tank for the 5 days inconvenience

Thanks for that info......I think I know who I'll be phoning first thing Monday morning

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I took GORDONR's advice and contacted Renault UK. They investigated, apologised and contacted me today to say the car's at Arnold Clark ready to picked up tomorrow

and thanks to following GORDONR's advice I'm getting a free tank of petrol for the inconvenience...cheers mate

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's arrived !!!!! and well worth the waiting. Looks great and drives like a dream compared to the 10 year old Laguna we traded in

Edited by: johnco

1 - 20 of 28 Posts