Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any other owners had problems with the rear door seal splitting at the point of contact running down the rear of the door close to the window. The seal double backs on itself and seems to be a weak spot on the seal and has split.Opening and closing the door appears to be the cause of the problem. I have had both replaced under warranty but I can that one of the new seals is starting to split again.MJG

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whilst on a dual carriageway on Friday I heard a knocking noise and noticed something flapping on the rear offside door which I thought was a window seal. On stopping I could see it is the door seal, which I have tucked in to prevent it further splitting. On getting home can see that the rear nearside is also splitting. I have no idea why it has split.
The car is 18 months old.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vehicle is 2 years old. First seal replaced after 1 year. Now both seals are splitting again. Dealer told me that the seals have been modified, (although the replacement seal should have been the modified type) so I guess it is a known problem. We also do not open and close the rear doors that much as it is just me and the wife.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Captur is just approaching two years old and has the same problem with the door seal. It's booked in for a service in a couple of weeks and I've asked them to look at this problem. Is it definitely a warranty claim? When I was speaking to the service booking advisor they couldn't confirm if it was....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Poppy15,<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;">Yes mine was treated as a warranty repair, and so should yours be. When the second pair of seals started to split the agents were surprised as they informed me that the new seals fitted were a modification made by Renault.So they changed them again under warranty. Since the most recent repair there is a definite difference in the thickness of the seal where it folds back on itself. (much thicker). I am pleased to say that this seems to have solved the problem.
<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;">Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Captur is in at the stealers for the 2nd year service and when we discussed the rear door seals the chap behind the desk confirmed it was a known problem to Renault. Parts will be ordered and a date for fitting agreed etc under warranty :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI I've got the same problem, when I contacted the garage I got the captur from they ask me to take the car in for inspection by one of their technicians. I left the car with them and when I returned to pick the car up I was told that the rubber splitting was down to my passengers and it would cost me £500 to replace them as the warranty did not cover this. Renualt then contacted me and had said they would pay half the money and I would have to pay the other half. I point blank refuse to pay this. I'm glad I have found this form with other people having the same problems as my self. The garage was Arnold Clark Dumfries.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, what was the outcome regarding your door seals please? - mine have just split on rear doors, both sides, exactly as described by all members above.
My car is basically single occupancy for 99% of the time, 35 months old (64 reg) with 27k.I took it to the dealers (Evans Halshaw, Doncaster) who stated it was due to wear and tear, and was not a warranty issue. I complained directly to Renault UK who stated that as a goodwill gesture they would reduce the cost of replacement from£339.67 by 50% down to £168.33. I stated that this was not acceptable to me, and was told the only way I could take it further forward is to go through the Motor Ombudsman service.

Apparently, this is acceptable to Renault on a not quite 3 year old car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;">They were replaced under warranty when 1 year old and again a second time after a further 12 months.. The 2nd repair was also done under warranty and the new seals are definitely a modified part being much thicker. They have not to date split again so I can hopefully not have any further problems. The repairing dealer definitely knew of the problem and told me the new seals were of a modified kind. So dig your heels in. Good Luck
<div style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;">Senormal

·
Registered
5 Posts
had my car in for 24 month service couple of days ago mentioned rear door seals perishing both were replaced with no hassle under warranty new seals seem thicker and more up to the task but only time will tell was surprised dealer had them in stock didn't need to rebook new appointment update dealer was Arnold Clark branch was their HQ In Hillington glasgow
Edited by: nodrog62

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I had that problem, both replaced under warranty. Still got 10 months to go so will check them again before it expires

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hello,I've just noticed the posts about the rear door seals splitting , the same happened to mine a month ago.

While my car was in having other warranty work done I mentioned the rear door seal was split.
When i collected the car they informed me that both the rear door seals had been replaced under warranty.

Good customer service by Wirral Renault.

Regards from Neale.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the drivers side rear door seal replaced under warranty.

Happened after being a year old. Car is a September 2015 registration.

Was expecting a fight, but i told the Dealer in Northampton or Kettering it was a known issue to Renault and they never quibbled about it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Senormal said:
Have any other owners had problems with the rear door seal splitting at the point of contact running down the rear of the door close to the window. The seal double backs on itself and seems to be a weak spot on the seal and has split.Opening and closing the door appears to be the cause of the problem. I have had both replaced under warranty but I can that one of the new seals is starting to split again.MJG
Sometimes damaged is done by accident to the seals on the doors..trapped seatbelt clip and other objects

·
Registered
120 Posts
Took mine to my local dealer today for split rear door seals. They are ordering the parts and this will be done under warranty, no quibbles.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts