Renault Captur Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My seals split, 65 plate, nearly out of warranty, took it up last week to Arnold Clark Dumfries armed with info to badger them in to doing under warranty, a lad looked at it and said no probs, getting fixed today. He said it would take 3 hours, seem a long time to replace 2 seals.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does seem a long time, mine had seals replaced, serviced and MOT in about 3 hours. The seal actually goes around 3 sides of the window and required removal of the trim across the bottom of the window to gain access, so not straightforward

·
Registered
836 Posts
Does seem a long time, mine had seals replaced, serviced and MOT in about 3 hours. The seal actually goes around 3 sides of the window and required removal of the trim across the bottom of the window to gain access, so not straightforward

If possible could you post some photos of the new seals

·
Registered
71 Posts
Daughter has the car, so no photos available. I did help the parts chap to ID the seals on the parts list when booking the car in. The bit of the seal that splits, at the back, also goes across the top of the door and down the pillar, between the rear and front door - this part of the seal is visible in the photo

Not particularly related, but when we got the car home, we noticed 2 small dents in the door and a distortion of the bottom trim. The garage replaced the trim, that was bent and the "Dent Man" removed the dents, without damage to the paintwork. He also removed a dent from the roof, where a branch fell on it. So rather annoying, but the garage came good in the end

If I can remember when she next visits I will photo the seal

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hubby's Capture ended up with gallons of water in the spare wheel area when seals failed and it became obvious two weeks after warranty expired. Renault first refused to accept responsibility but when I promised to have the car outside head office with the loudspeaker providing info to anyone willing to listen, they replaced it "as a gesture of goodwill".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Noticed last night our 65 plate has the failed seal issue on the top of both rear doors, any one know how much Renault charge for a pair?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same problem with split rear driver side door seal, the passenger side rear door seal was replaced when i purchased the vehicle, it is a 64 plate so out of warranty, the local Renault garage quoted me well over £200 to replace the seal, are the seals easy to fit as i have access to a pre used one?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi fruity,
When did you get door seals replaced under warranty?
Renault were aware of these and other issues with the Captur and never issued recalls, and it just seems that it is a postcode lottery if you have any chance of getting things repaired under Renault warranty.

Sadly I can see by trawling these forums that many people still getting shafted by Renault Uk when it comes to 'Warranty' Claims.
More chance of winning the lottery than getting work carried out under warranty.
Shocking :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi fruity,
When did you get door seals replaced under warranty?
Renault were aware of these and other issues with the Captur and never issued recalls, and it just seems that it is a postcode lottery if you have any chance of getting things repaired under Renault warranty.

Sadly I can see by trawling these forums that many people still getting shafted by Renault Uk when it comes to 'Warranty' Claims.
More chance of winning the lottery than getting work carried out under warranty.
Shocking :(
I have just been quoted 432 quid to replace 2 rear window seals by Arnold Clark. The seals cost 78 quid each and they say the door panel has to be removed to fit them. Not great maintenance engineering by Renault if this is true. The car is October 2015 so no chance of warranty claim.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts