Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the rear parking sensors come with a visual aid or is it just audio? ive ordered mine with the sensors and the Medianav and never thought to ask at the dealership (doh!)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi bigbadtony, sure it's only audible sounds (beeps) for visual you need the r- link then you can get the camera option. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will put you right.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I was wondering if the OP was talking about other visual aids for parking sensors. One of the minibuses I drive has a traffic-light system as well as the bleeper. The traffic light has three coloured LEDs; green, amber and red. These are used to indicate the proximity of the hazard.
Does the Renault parking sensor system have anything like that?

·
Registered
87 Posts
With MediaNav you got only sound parking sensors - an it's sound level are very very low and there is no way to make it louder (there is no information about this in manual).
But inside the MediaNav firmware are present images for parking camera - like a parking lines. May be sthere is some DYI option to connect camera to.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Is the camera only available on dynamique s? According to the brochure it is, anybody know if that's for definite?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
As far as I know you can specify R-link on any model and then add the reversing camera.

MediaNav does not have that available and offers audio signals when reversing.

Another reason for R-link! I have also specified front sensors and there will be an audible signal for them.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mmm...thought there may have been a traffic light system like Crossbow suggested displayed on the Medianav as ive seen this in the 2011 Scenics that have the parking sensors fitted :/

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I have the r link with rear sensors. There is both an audible bleep and the traffic light visual aid on the back of the car. I don't have the rear camera, I would have thought it would be the same on the medianav but not sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys

Is anyone able to confirm if the reverse parking sensor on a Media Nav supplied car have a visual aid or if it's just a sound?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered a Dynamique Nav but couldn't get the techno pack added due to the new model coming out. They are slapping on rear sensors for me ("factory fitted") but no option of camera so was wondering if they would have radar style visual cues. Not sure how useful that is anyway, having never had sensors or any kind.

·
Registered
37 Posts
stamenkd said:
I ordered a Dynamique Nav but couldn't get the techno pack added due to the new model coming out. They are slapping on rear sensors for me ("factory fitted") but no option of camera so was wondering if they would have radar style visual cues. Not sure how useful that is anyway, having never had sensors or any kind.

Sensors that are added as an "optional extra" do have a visual aid. They install a small box just behind the steering wheel which has a set of "traffic lights" for each sensor (4) and a distance measurement in the centre.

However the visual aid is only really any good if you're reversing straight because otherwise the steering wheel obscures it. Of course, you could overcome this by moving the box to anywhere the cable reaches, but I've yet to find somewhere suitable.

·
Super Moderator
2,415 Posts
stamenkd said:
You may find that the rear sensors are fitted at the UK import centre rather than at the facory. In 2014 when I ordered my Captur, I had front and rear sensors fitted as part of the "protection pack" but both lots were fitted at Southampton, and both lots only give bleeps, no visual indications.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just to add some illustration to my previous post, this is what I had fitted when I ordered parking sensors as an optional extra:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ah right, that's different to what I understood. Thanks for that.
It looks a bit slapped on but I'm sure I'll stop caring about appearances and appreciate having it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
stamenkd said:

I'm not entirely sure but I think so. I took that photo when I parked at work this morning, and it looks like a half-metre gap to the wall.

I don't tend to pay much attention to the visual aids, though, relying more on the beeps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts