Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not a fault that seems resticted to the Captur but yesterday i noticed when selecting reverse one long continous beep from the rear parking sensors. doing a bit of homework on the internet i discovered the sensors can develop a "fault" after heavy rainfall, jet washing etc that results in the sensor not working correctly.a simple solution seems to be spraying with WD40 to get rid of excess moisture, which i have tried and seems to be working better than it was.

never having had sensors before im pleased it seemed an easy fix but interested if anyone else has had this problem on the Captur or any other car, and what is they best way to keep them working correctly?

thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
Funny you should say this BBT as the other night when it was raining heavily I put it in reverse and it did a long bleep, as asked Mrs F what it was as she drives it during the day and she replied 'yea it does that sometimes'

Its funny but even though I have the camera and sensors & nowproximity readout on the R Link I still can't shake the habit of using my mirrors

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
agree with you Frosty, im the same. only wanted them because i moved house and now back onto the drive so i thought it would be a handy safety feature. has worked brilliant tbh and its just another way for me to make sure i dont *ahem* hit the wall lol using the WD40 does seem to have done the trick now, just something to keep my eye on. and i made sure i wiped it straight off the bumper when i sprayed. like i pointed out in the start though this seems to be a common fault with all parking sensors judging by the internet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts