Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The middle and behind the passenger seat belts don't fit into there nearest connections. They both have to use the one further away, so when I have three in the back, they cross over each other, do I need to take it to Renault to look at?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Giz1972 said:
The middle and behind the passenger seat belts don't fit into there nearest connections. They both have to use the one further away, so when I have three in the back, they cross over each other, do I need to take it to Renault to look at?
Its OK (in a strange sort of way). The crossover nature of the rear seat belts is part of the design. So much so, that if your look at the right outer buckle, the wording on the red latch is "centre".

I had the dealer's senior technician take a very close look at it. The pair of seat belt buckles are "handed" with special electrical connectors going from the buckles into the appropriate sockets in the wiring loom. There is no way to get them reversed or even swapped over, and it was through designed to be as it is. There is no slack in the wiring to do the swap.

The considered opinion is that it would not be possible to have the required dimensions for the rear booster/childseats if the nearer buckle was used.

I commented earlier that this feature is why the Capture is called a crossover.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Crossbow, that's saved me a trip out to Renault. It does give a little more room when my little ones booster seat is behind me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Must admit because I have to move the seat to expand boot so I can get golf clubs in...I found it easier to keep the seatbelt fastened as it really grates the noise of the undone seatbelt hitting the plastic

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Unlucky! I've never experienced any problems and the rear seatbelts work ok despite the quirky design!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts