Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I simply can't lower the back seats! I read the manual, pulled up the leaver and they just don't budge. Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I don't think you're doing anything wrong!!...sorry...can't help! As you say you just pull the lever and watch that the seatbelts are not in the way...and they should lay flat..
Have you tried to move your rear bench forward or back to see if that makes a difference and isn't making it bind?

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
924 Posts
I had this problem when I first tried to lower the backs of the rear seats.

There isn't much too it really, but pulling on the lever. Having said that, when one pulls on the lever it does feel as though it will break. But I haven't broken it yet.

So here is how I do it. make sure the seat belt buckles are stowed in the recesses in the seat backs. This is so it won't crease the seats. No need to lower the head rests, there is usually enough room behind the front seats. Gently pull on the lever on the seat back you wish to lower. The lever will reach a false stop. It is as this point you will feel it is going to break. Take courage and pull a little more, and at the same time gently pulling on the seat back. The seat back should lower, without the lever coming away in your hand.

It is VERY unnerving the first time you do it, and it don't get any easier. I have had better rear seat levers than those on the Captur. I guess I will just have to get used to it.

Good luck - I take no responsibility if the lever comes away in your hand.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay... Guess I will have to be brave! But trust me if the leaver comes off then someone at Renault is going to get yelled at, because my wipers still aren't fixed either :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I am a weak female, but they won't move at all, so back to the garage again tomorrow. Getting fed up with this :(

·
Registered
924 Posts
Oh dear, that's two pieces of advice I have given bluejay that has come to nothing; wipers and seats. Third time lucky. I look forward to offering bluejay the third item of my experience. Maybe that will work.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I found they were very stiff with mine too - bit of brute force and ignorance - but I also will not be held liable if you break the lever!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem.the hatchback door was open, and I could not get the seats to drop when I closed it there was no problem door open they wont drop door closed no prob.

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
Hayleyb said:
I had to pull the leaver really hard!!!
Try pulling it twice instead of once really hard. The lever appears to pull on a cable that works the lock mechanism, and the cable probably stretches a bit (maybe at its ends in the mechanism that holds it in place. I've definitely found that if I pull once and the seat back won't drop, a comparatively gentle second pull almost always does the trick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts