Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new here. Just wondering what like the space in the back seats of the Captur is like? I'm 6 foot 1, would the car accommodate me in terms of head and leg room?

Thanks

Jack

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello mate, welcome. I'm 6'2 and there's absolutely loads of headroom with my normal driving position. Headroom definitely isn't an issue, leg rooms also good. I could fit another me in the back seat with leg room, but not a massive amount. However I do have my seat very far back, so it depends on your driving position. Far from cramped inside!Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I agree with my colleagues...plenty of space for my big size..both tall and 'broad'. Plenty headroom...comfortable for two at the back...or three smaller people in the back!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I've found the variable boot space very handy. With the top boot shelf in and at the longest legroom setting we can still get the pushchair and ancillary grandchild equipment in plus some shopping. The other extreme with the top boot shelf out (or placed on the bottom) rear leg room set to min, we can get two suitcases plus Manchester Xmas fair shopping plus coats etc. with some room to spare. Good design, very useful.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Read some online car mag reviews. They state that 6 footers would be fine in the back of the Captur. Obviously if you make the boot space full size you'd only have room for kids behind! I am just under 6 ft and find plenty of room!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've tried in the car shop this problem because I'm 1,8 meters but I have terrible long legs (I have problems even when looking for trousers). What I found, was not that pleasing as I expected. If you need the first 377 liters, the space in the back is quite big. I can fit (with driver seat in driving position) and plenty of room remains even for me. But if you'll need the whole 455 liters, then you'll have a problem. I cannot fit in even if I try. I have doubts even for my kid to fit its legs there. But I think that you will not need the full size very often so, I think this is not an issue.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just lost a long message that I entered...in summary I am very big 6 ft 3 ins 1.87m and 125kg.
I can sit everywhere in tbe car..It is after all a Clio on steroids!!
With the rear bench forward you can only get kids and small adults in the back if your front seat is furthest back...
This is still very good for the size of the car!
Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
588 Posts
yep i agree with Ythsie. ive found the biggest plus is the height adjust on the seat as i find this means you dont need the drivers seat all the way back. cant comment on the backseat because since ive bought the car i cant afford to go on dates

1 - 12 of 12 Posts