Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

An observation,
Take your captur down a dual carriageway / motorway, and lower both rear windows fully, leave both fronts closed, get up to 70 mph
And what happens do you get,
a noise
B wind
C. An unbeliable sound resonance beating, as speed increases ears bleed After a minute or so...

Never had this with other cars, must be the aerodynamic shape .. As I say just an observation,
Let see if others can reproduce it..

Gary

·
Registered
924 Posts
Why would you want to?
driving with the windows lowered increases drag (and full consumption) more than letting the climate control do its job.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Agree crossbow / I don't see any reason to drive as described - why Heligary?

·
Registered
279 Posts
On most cars I've driven you get that effect at speed (quite low speeds actually). Kept having to tell the kids to wind the windows up.......

Air conditioning fixed that.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed crossbow, it will defo increase drag, going along with all windows opento let some air in, heat out, and then closing the front and noticed the effect then closed the rears,

I just though it was much worst then any other car I've driven and wanted some feed back.

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
I have found that awful buffeting and resonance on all previous cars that I have owned, if you open a window or 2 just a little way.Before I could afford cars with aircon, I found the most effective way of staying cool at speed was to open the front passenger window, then the rear window behind the driver's seat, so you got a diagonal flow of air through the car

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The most normal buffeting on any car you drive at speed with those windows down...but as everyone rightly says...why would you want to?
This is my first new car as such...and the first time I have air con in my own car....What a God send!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts