Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some of you may know I made a complaint to Renault, they came back and said that neither they or the dealer were prepared to do anything. I said...'fair enough' and went and left honest reviews on the web...end of story...or so I thought!

After replying to an email from the CEO of Renault Frances customer relations dept I thought it was done and dusted, but then last Thursday I was called and asked what I would like for all the hassle!

'I'm not sure', I said...not knowing if I should ask for a lot, or a little! The guy would not tell me what value they were thinking of.

I decided to be a little cheeky (I'm not saying what I asked for) but it wasn't ridiculous and he had hinted that I could name a figure! The guy said it may be possible and that he would call me back on Friday.

No calls...so I called back today (monday) and he just hadn't bothered to call as he hadn't got a reply from Renault...not a great start to buttering me up Renault!

He said that they could not give me what I asked for, but is there anything else I would like?

I've now asked the guy to come back with what he can offer rather than me going round in circles getting more annoyed that they're telling me I can't have something I didn't ask for in the first place or expect!

After the guy explained that my situation and problems were not so bad I was fuming and I'm pretty much ready to tell Renault where they can insert their compensation!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Now, calm down, take a deep breath and think again. If they did not think they owed you something, they would not have made an offer. Did you ask for cash? Would you settle for goods/services/parts? Are you looking at one off settlement or are you prepared to accept something that would be provided over a period of time?
The guy you spoke to had his orders to sort it, it is not his place to apportion degrees of inconveniance to you and I would point that out to him

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you're right
They do know how to wind me up lol

I asked the guy on the original phone call if it was cash or parts or what? And he said that he could not advise me of that, just that I had to ask for something...it was made to sound as if I could ask for anything and I think I was very reserved...I just asked for a fairly sensible £ figure.

I'm about to email back the CEO's customer relations dept and let them know I'm not that happy...the guy on the phone totally dismissed any of the major issues I had....as you can tell it really wound me up! lol

Worst bit is...if they hadn't called I wouldn't have even considered compensation...but now they've offered!
If they muck this up they'll be no end of reviews lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
So if I am reading this right, you're saying that you weren't previously considering financial compensation but now that there has been a sniff of some you are?

Are you seriously also implying that if any alleged financial offer doesn't appear you are going to leave negative reports all over the web?

Sounds a bit like extortion to me regardless of what problems you've had.
Just my opinion.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Andy.....don't know what your problems are, but I agree that Renault are almost impossible to deal with.
I have been pursuing the 29.9 problem as vigorously as possible but with no result....it is very difficult to get beyond Customer Services. who don't have any clout and are there mainly to fob off dissatisfied customers and protect Renault management ....just their job.
I personally have every sympathy with you, the frustration that they create is amply illustrated by your current "none" offers.....why can't they be straight forward, and give straight answers..!
What is the CEO 's email.... I would like to try that as well...good luck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LisaH said:
So if I am reading this right, you're saying that you weren't previously considering financial compensation but now that there has been a sniff of some you are?

Are you seriously also implying that if any alleged financial offer doesn't appear you are going to leave negative reports all over the web?

Sounds a bit like extortion to me regardless of what problems you've had.
Just my opinion.

Blimey...calm down Mrs! I had considered the matter closed until Renault called ME...I'm still not fussed if they offer anything.

The blatantly obvious point you seem to have missed is that I cannot be bothered with haggling over something I wasn't after in the first place. I'd rather they offered something or ... not. Either way...just get on with it and stop playing games! lol

Does that remove the stick from ones bottom? Extortion...grow up

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Halin9 said:
Andy.....don't know what your problems are, but I agree that Renault are almost impossible to deal with.
I have been pursuing the 29.9 problem as vigorously as possible but with no result....it is very difficult to get beyond Customer Services. who don't have any clout and are there mainly to fob off dissatisfied customers and protect Renault management ....just their job.
I personally have every sympathy with you, the frustration that they create is amply illustrated by your current "none" offers.....why can't they be straight forward, and give straight answers..!
What is the CEO 's email.... I would like to try that as well...good luck.

Sent you a private message with some useful info

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Call back from Renault today...they're offering £150 for all the trouble I had. This is on top of the full tank of fuel I am told that the dealer gave me when I picked up the car as an apology for the late delivery...
erm...nope...there was 1/4 of a tank
The dealer is so full of it!
Nice of Renault to offer something though
I'd still never recommend Renault or the dealer though...what a terribly dragged out palaver that was! I'm exhausted!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts