·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my renault captur tce 100 from nov 2020
from time to time has showing this annoying behavior:
  • the ODOMETER reset automatically suddenly;
  • the dim light goes to factory inicial configuration
  • the instruments pannel (main pannel) no longer shows information on upper right and upper left after this sudden reset.
its a very strange behavior, like some bug or glitch.
Speedometer Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Trip computer

anyone has notice this kind of behavior?
Thank you.
Carlos m.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I bought the Captur on november 2020. I do experience this odometer issue randomly 4 times.
I dont know what it is... i think it is some kind of software programming faulty.
I dont care about it. The odometer proves to be erratic and doing so it not reliable anymore. maybe renault fix it on the sofware update.
I find in this forum many Captur owners complaint about trip computer issues... so i am not alone.
That been said i will contact my dealer to be aware, but i dont expect any solution cause it is randomly and it is very difficult to prove except if occurs in determined circumstances.
I think it is annoying, but i can live with that until renault recognizes and recall the vehicles that have this issues.
Best regards
carlos m.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh. fantastic! i will try it right away. I was the feel8ng that reset occurs by pressing buttons on the steering wheel, cause i often click up just to navigate between consumption and odometer. it makes perfectly sense to me. Thank very much.
regards
carlos m.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi
the user manual captur says
"Automatic resetting of the journey parameters:
Resetting occurs automatically when the maximum value of any of the parameters is exceeded."

I notice that auto reseting trip maybe occurs when average consumption is rising up and stuck at a highers values (exemole 11L/100). In my experience i just do urban circuit and rarely open roads. So i do travel for short distances (<6 km).
I found that OK key (on the steering wheel) and de Up or Down have the same behavior if pressed long than 2 seconds: reseting trip computer.
I do notice that when i do a manual reseting trip it goes to zero but i still have the information about the music i am listening, but this information is completed reset (blank) when the car itself performs a automatically trip reset.
I assumption that there is no malfunctioning cause engineers make it that way (automation the reset trip) what is absurd and makes completely waisted this trip computer.
I was aware that average consumption was useless in most of the cars. now i am sure that this kind of information is completely useless. I just ignore it.
To know the trip consumption i installed an app in my smarphone where i insert the total KM indicating on the car instruments pannel every time i fill the car fuel tank. Then the app calculates the average trip consumption with the difference on KM between the filled fuel tank and the fuel litters necessary to fill the car fuel tank.

I jyst came from anual vehicle servicing and they were aware about the trip computer issue. They fixed it. I will make 600km and i will monitoring the trip computer and see if it is really fixed.
Stay tune.
I will let you know about this personal experience.

Regards
Carlos m.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts