Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Renault Captur on 8th July, I currently drive Toyota Yaris bought this new in 2008, although I did at the time want a Clio but just could not get the deal I wanted.
I have had 4 Renault Clio's and love them to bits, but thought I would treat myself this time. I have ordered the Captur 90 tce Manhattan with the Interior Touch Pack and Exterior Gloss Pack. At the time of ordering I was told there was a 3 month waiting time, so roll on end of September.

I don't do a lot of miles, about 6,000 a year, mostly to and from work so though the 900cc would be great for me, less road tax (Toyota is £120.00, which really got me cross as my boss drives a huge BWM and his is much less than mine), less for the insurance and better fuel consumption.

I really love the idea of the seat covers which can be taken off and washed, as my dog comes to work with me each day and although I have covers/towels on the passanger seat (she is belted in when driving) seat covers do get a bit gubby.

Really looking forward to showing off my new car, especially to one of my neighbours who thinks that anyone who buys a new car is silly due to the depreciation when the car is driven off the forecourt but does not realise that during the time I have had my present car he has had to change his 3 times due to problems and not out of choice, so who is the silly one

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi, we all know beforehand about the depreciation when buying new. I personally do not buy a new car thinking about how much I'll get for it when I eventually swap it. This will be my 4th new car I like the reassurance of at least 3 years in this case 4 years care free driving.
If I was at all worried about the depreciation I would never buy new. Hope you enjoy your new purchase.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forums!

Depreciation is a hidden cost with new cars but depending on how you fund them and the benefits a new car can bring - in this case 4 year warranty, servicing, roadside assistance, lower tax, insurance, fuel etc. then it can be offset quite a bit.

·
Registered
924 Posts
This captur will be my 5th new car in a row. All Renaults. I LOVE new cars. I, like everyone else know about depreciation, but the buzz of having a new car is worth it. One time I part exchanged an Espace Grand for a Megane, so my wife (who, at the time had recently passed her driving test, could have something of reasonable size to drive). The dealer gave ME a cheque. How's that for a turn around ;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emailed my dealership on Friday afternoon to enquire if there was an update on the expected delivery of my Captur. On Saturday the sales rep called to say that it had been delivered into the garage late thursday night, he said he had received my email, but liked to inform people that there car has arrived/ready for collection by phone as he thinks the reactions are brilliant. I pick mine up tomorrow (Tuesday at 4.00pm). I have waited a long 4 months for this day and am unable to contain my excitement.......YIPPPPPPEEEEEE...

·
Registered
588 Posts
well done Hillywack!

you wont be disappointed with the 90TCe.. i know im not, and like you i dont do a lot of mileage a year.

i think you'll be glad you went for the Captur instead of the Clio... ive had 4 in the past and although i loved them the extra ride height in the Captur is a real bonus

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Great news Hillywack! You'll be able to see why we're so enthusiastic about being Captur owners!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,
I've just joined the forum, as I've just ordered a new Captur. very excited, though I think it's going to be quite a wait. I've gone for an ivory body with black roof. It's the Media S automatic version. First time with Renault, so I hope that works out.
Mike

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Mjord65 Welcome!! My Captur was both the first new car I have ever bought and the first time I have bought Renault. Not normally prone to buying new because of depreciation....big debate about this on another part of the forum....AND ....to be honest, thought long and hard about buying Renault!. Saying that you'll meet many happy Renault owners, in the past, on this forum....and hopefully all of us NEW owners will have good things to say!! Time alone will tell....at the moment...very early days....it's a big thumbs up!

Having been on the forum some time, I can sum up some of the reactions in one way......There are a lot of satisfied owners....and a few, who in my opinion, were expecting ..minor miracles....
Fuel consumption figures seem to be the bug bear!! These depend on so many factors that there are no straight answers...
Renault, like any manufacturer, will issue mpg figures that are rather 'optimistic'...and you have to be prepared for that.... They are probably achievable, but in the main are not. Why? Because we all have different driving styles...different terraine that we drive in, city or country driving, motorways or twisty roads etc.. That and the fact that no two engines of the same size give you the same results is also true...so fuel consumption can only be a guide..
I said elsewhere that fuel consumption was not the priority in my case....I CAN judge a Captur against another Captur on quality of finish...comfort, practicality and most importanrtly...RELIABILITY! That will show in a few years time...
I can also judge RENAULT on the quality of service that their dealerships provide....and that goes from the sublime to the ridiculous!! A forum like ours allows us to communicate that to each other...and what to avoid..
If RENAULT wanted to....they should look at a forum like this and see what is being said....then they would be in a position to make a quantum leap forward...and benefit from inproved sales and reliability of those dealers providing us with great after sales!!
Ok. said my peace......
So.....look forward to your new car.....it's lived up to my expectations so far, and so has my dealer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mjord65,
I own the same ivory-black. It is our sixth renault in the last 23 years: four Clio, one Megane and now Captur; four of them new, Megane and one Clio second hand. I could drive at that time also some other cars (v.big toyota cruiser nad volvo S40), but it is different story. Most renault cars we (me and my wife) use for 6-8 years, and the last Clio is 11 years old (150 000 km) - it is in very good shape. I appreciate renault design, performance and service. No any serious problems. There are some myths like that renault suspension is not for rugged bumpy roads. In fact it is not true. It works quite good in average normal conditions. Well, renault cars are not champions in fuel race. There are some typical renault problem with electricity - often it requires to clean out connectors (in my current Clio it happened with rear lights, thermometer). Generally, I like to drive renault, and hope Captur will work like all of them so far. Hope it will be great pleasure for all owners here in forum.

Edited by: bjs53

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi everyone, I took delivery on my Captur on 5th November and am so pleased with it. When my workmates saw it they could not believe what a lovely car it is and they are so so jealous.

I am not technically minded at all but have manged to download some music onto a memory stick but it will not work in my car. Is there anyone out there who could possibly tell me what to do (plain english please, as I do not understand technology very well)

I have been starting the car, selecting Media then put the memory stick in, but it says something like not folders/files (or whatever) can be located.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated otherwise it will be a trip back to the dealership.

I dont think it is a problem with the car in any way, the problem is ME

·
Registered
588 Posts
Leave the memory stick in Hillywack and try turning the media nav off/on. If its still not working try making sure your files are MP3 format. I havent had a problem using it but I know others on the forum have and they have been given some good advice. And a word of warning...I think its always best to switch the medianav off before removing the USB stick as it can sometimes corrupt the files on there. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts