Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we were looking to buy a Captur we were given a glossy brochure by the dealer. This gives gear ratios for the four versions of vehicle, two petrol, two diesel, manual and automatic of each. The one we were considering was the diesel manual version. I noticed that the gear ratio information, given as vehicle speed per 1000 engine revs in each gear was wrong with 4th gear having a lower ratio than 3rd gear as shown in the brochure for the diesel manual variant.
I queried this with Renault 'central' as the dealer didn't have an answer and they gave me the folowing figures for 1st to 5th gear.
9.01 17.16 27.22 37.16 and 50.89. These have been confirmed twice by Renault. The first three figures as shown in the manual but 4th and 5th ratios differing from the brochure.
We have since taken delivery of the vehicle but it does not perform to these ratios, but appears to perform to the petrol manual gear ratios , which are given as 6.51 12.40 19.67 26.86 and 36.79
My diesel manual Captur does approx 50 mph in 4th gear at 2000 revs, when according to Renault it should be approx 74 mph in 4th gear at 2000 revs.
Does anyone have any experience of this, or can shed any light on this mystery.
The vehicle goes back to the dealers next week for investigation, and repair of a faulty fuel gauge, after 10 days of ownership. Not what I was expecting from a brand new Renault !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem of gear ratios appears to be solved . There are 2 versions of the sales brochure. The one given to me in July shows figures for the speeds in each gear as MPH at 1000 revs, but there is also an error in the figures given for the manual diesel version which states that 3rd gear has a higher ratio than fourth gear - obviously wrong. The July version of the brochure therefore has two errors wrong figures and the figures should have been given in Kilometres per hour not MPH.
The new brochure delivered today 12th August 2013 has rectified the errors, showing speeds at 1000 revs in each gear as MPH and KPH.
The author of the technical specification in the original brochure must have been severely 'hung over' at the time of writing.

There are some other updates in the new brochure:
Alarm £240, and Rear Parking Sensors £275 are now available as individual accessories, whereas before they were only available as part of the 'Protection Pack '.

Also Optional Arizona Metallic Paint and Tahoe Blue Metallic Paint have been reduced in price by £100 and are now £495 - they were previously shown as £595

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Glad the issue was not too bad, probably an error in translation somewhere. To be honest I don't look at the gear ratio's so would never have noticed!

Thanks for highlighting the other changes too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts