Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Renault Captur Diesel 1.5 manual that we took delivery of on 31st July 2013 is not as green as Renault claim. In almost perfect driving conditions on an extended journey of approximately 280 miles, in ECO mode, on traffic free motorway ( not completely traffic free of course ) and not exceeding any speed limits the average fuel consumption is 65.3 MPG, not the 83 MPG that Renault post in their publicity information. Around the local area we get 55 MPG Renault claim 67 MPG.
I realise the vehicle is new and the average MPG may improve with age but will we ever get near to the Renault claims - I don't think so.
Does anyone have any consumption figures that approach the published data from Renault ??

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use Dacia Sandero Stepway with dci90 engine.My average consumption during one year(10000 miles) is 50 mpg.Of course weather in Estonia.
,during winter time, is much colder than in UK.But I think that 50mpg is very good consumption.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have my Captur 1.5 diesel now for just over ten days,and I am a bit disappointed with the fuel figures.I done a 500 mile round trip last week,and the average mileage was 55mpg.This was mostly motorway driving,and not exceeding the speed limit. Also used the eco drive,but it did not make much difference to actual mileageSee others on here claiming they are getting 70mpg.Well I would be delighted to be getting 60mpg.
Love the car in every other respect.Very roomy,comfortable and a joy to drive.The sat nav and media player,is one of the best.
Did contact Renault regarding mileage,and they told me it will improve once it has been run in

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi jkd41, sorry to read you are not getting more mpg out of your Captur. If you have the R Link it should give you your driving performance and areas in which you can improve (top tips). If you don't have this it's a bit difficult to say why you haven't achieved better performance however I am sure it will improve over time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts