Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
When we took delivery of our Captur ( 31/7/13 )there were three booklets supplied with the vehicle, - Captur Drivers Handbook - Captur Quick Guide - Media Nav Quick Guide, and in these further reference is made to more information on the media nav system, via a fourth document, but there wasn't one supplied.
I queried this with the dealer and they stated that only three booklets came with the vehicle.
I contacted Renault and at first they said that the Media Nav Handbook was not supplied with the vehicle. I pushed them on the subject and they relented and sent me a PDF version of the media nav handbook. It seems that Renault are saving pennies by not supplying what they should or possibly they just forgot !

·
Registered
338 Posts
Why is everyone just accepting this rubbish from Renault - that is 230 pages to print!? So, when we drive anywhere and just want to refer to an item, we carry 230 pages of A4? Or do we keep popping back to PC to look up downloaded info? And if on the road and need some detail we telephone our nearest and dearest, get them to look things up on PC and call us back to tell us what we need to know?I just had a CD sent to me by Renault with all the info downloaded on to it - how absolutely daft, What I amto do with it? Look it up on the PC, run outside and adjust device, go back to PC fornext bit of info, out again...We just forked out thousands for their cars, the least they can do is provide book so we can use their product
Not good enough

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Vbl....you're right ...It's a tablet really...so I wonder if they have an app with the guide on the R link itself...that would make it simpler...otherwise even a handbook from them does not make sense!!

A case of learning how to use it I suppose in everyday mode....

They should make it easy to learn....

·
Registered
824 Posts
Vbl said:
Look it up on the PC, run outside and adjust device, go back to PC fornext bit of info, out again...
Did you not know the Captur was designed to keep you fit as well Vbl?
I agree a bit daft!!

A friend of mine on viewing my Captur was most disappointed that they don't have a CD player......there was a time when a car CD player had a very thick manual to read before using it too......Tempus Fugits!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was unfortunate to miss out on the ipad deal that Renault were doing with the capture. (story of my life) But luckily I have one already and have downloaded the PDF instruction manual onto it. Wonder if those who haven't a notebook or smartphone, bet that leaves about no one, can put it on a USB stick and read it on the r link. Just an idea.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Make you guys jealous......I had a phone from the dealer to ask when I'm collecting the car...and I got talking about the R link and how I was sitting on my computer studying a pdf file...and he says to me what for?...YOU GET A HANDBOOK explaining it all...and I will guide you through it!!!!!

If it's done here in Poland, there's no excuse for not getting one with the car in the UK!

·
Registered
317 Posts
The one in the UK is a mini guide, although useful, not as detailed as the guide available on-line. If you get the printed full version in Poland you would have thought Renault UK would have done the same.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, I picked up our new Captur today and well pleased and guess what - I got all 3 manuals in printed form here in Spain. The only slight problem is that they're all in Spanish of course.

So these links are very handy indeed. I have now downloaded the pdf files but it would be nice to have the booklets in English. BY the comments here I don't suppose it is possible to obtain them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts