Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could we see a hot Captur RS? This rendering by French designer Antoine51 shows it might be worth a shot. It would be a rival to the likes of the Ni$$an Juke Nismo.

It features a new front bumper with larger air intakes, with the LED daytime running lights, with the carbon fiber accents and the unique alloy wheels. As for the engine, chances are that this might be the same one from the new Clio RS, with the 1.6 litre four-cylinder turbocharged, 197 HP and 240 Nm of torque. In the Clio hot hatch, the unit is mated to the EDC six-speed with paddle shifters.

There are no 'official' rumors of the Captur RS from Renault yet....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not impressed to be honest, why spoil something that is selling well. I do appreciate however it is personal choice, but the front grill does nothing for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
In order to be an accurate render the suspension would have to be compromised as it is on the Nismo (a neighbour has one) and so it sought of defeats what the car is about.

You may aswell just buy the Clio

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Not impressed either! The new front does nothing for the original design!! I would be looking for 'that something' from the original concept Captur to make it shine!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ythsie said:
Not impressed either! The new front does nothing for the original design!! I would be looking for 'that something' from the original concept Captur to make it shine!!
It's just what some french bloke has knocked up in photoshop. Nothing of any real substance. Still, it might happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts