Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i have a 1999 renault megan scenic 2000cc petrol which cut out , it starts first turn of key in mornings runs for 4 or 5min then cuts out and **** of a job to restart but still cuts out when you take foot of throttle or put foot down ive changed crank sensor new plugs leads fuel filter mangement light is not on and no faults come up in ECU ive cleaned most sensors any ideas please thankyou

·
Registered
824 Posts
Tyrfelin said:
Sorry this is a Renault Captur forum. There must be a Scenic forum to help you!

So Arthur buy a Renault Captur!!
........a quick search ont tinternet brings up the theme of pencil coils being a well known fault on Scenics (well Renaults) If I were you Id have these checked... get it fixed...........and then PX the Scenic for a Captur......problem solved.....good luck bud!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Haha! It's a new Renault!! That's why the Forum is called 'Captur Forum'.
It's for punters who love Capturs! Get along to your Renault dealer and they'll show you one!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
No sweat, Arthur Folkard. Please come back when you have bought a Captur. We will welcome you with open arms. Sorry we could not help with the scenic. Perhaps an ex-Scenic owner who has now bought a Captur could help.

Any ex-scenic owners out there ? I am an ex-Megane owner, so can't help as I have not had this problem with my old car.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
588 Posts
hi Arthur, never had this problem with a Scenic but did have it with an old Vauxhal. turned out it was an air pipe that had come loose and was letting air in whenever i pulled up or stopped pressing the throttle. hope this helps

·
Registered
824 Posts
Would I right by saying the pipe was a vacuum pipe Tony? I had similar on my last car as it had split it made engine management light come on it cost £2.50 for a new one it was perfect after that but the ECu had to go through 3 full start stop cycles before the engine light went off.....it did just that!!
It never cut out though just reduced power!
I still reckon Arthurs problem will be pencil coils my sons Clio is 07 and so far has had 2 new sets fitted.....

·
Registered
588 Posts
think it was TC. i know nothing about engines but noticed the jubilee clip had come loose with the pipe and once i reattched it i never had the problem again

·
Registered
588 Posts
and sorry TC hadnt seen your earlier post about the pencil coils...but what a great excuse for Arthur to trade for a Captur

1 - 12 of 12 Posts