Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Renault dealer c$*@ed up my order and my Dynamique S arrived with Chrome finishing.Was not a happy bunny when the Captur arrived in September - 3 months on Arnold Clark came good and replaced all the chrome with gloss black as I specified. Will post images of before and after.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Every time you mention AC.. I feel for you!! How can they really come good after that length of time? I hope they got the original parts and not just sprayed your chrome ones!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ythsie - All original parts - no spraying - delay was because they had to order another captur with gloss finishing and then take both cars into the body shop and swap the parts over

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Ingenious solution!! AC LOGIC and precision!! Just as well you're a patient punter...my blood would have boiled!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blood boiled at the time - especially when they wouldn't accept that they had made a mistake - I basically had to do a Mexican standoff - bit like the good the bad and the ugly between me , the salesman and the sales manager - till someone finally went for their gun

·
Registered
409 Posts
Lets face it with the Captur being new the ordering process with all the add ons and themes was never going to go smoothly. Hopefully when the dealers have more Captur experience the mistakes will diminish. I cant help but feel the manuals for the car, medianav and RLink couldnt have been a bit better aswell. (end rant)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
No Thewhiteball, it doesn't matter how many permutations it comes up with!! The dealer has a form to fill in and it should be up to him to check all the particulars before he places the order. It IS HIS JOB...and if he/she cannot do it then they should not be there.
QIALITY CONTROL I call it!!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I once ordered an Espace, but received an Espace Grand. Neither I nor the dealership noticed at the time. It was only when I came to put it in the garage that I noticed, as there was not the room in the garage I would have expected.

Checked the VIN and even measured the rear overhang and rear windows. Sure enough, an Espace Grand. Told the dealership of the error. Sales manager was called, he had a think and then decided to honour the situation, and let me keep the Espace Grand without any further cost to me. They would sink the cost, as it was their mistake.

A PS - I always wondered if they got their own back when I traded it in for my next car, and gave me less for the Espace Grand.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly Ythsie - it isn't a hard job to input into a computer the spec ifications as the customer requests - that is the whole point of the Captur - to meet the customers requirements - but at least Arnold came clean eventually

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Don't you find that when you buy something you've done the research on a product ( a tv, a car, a computer, etc) but the sales person hasn't got the depth of knowledge about the product that they should have?????

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yes regularly......Id be embarrassed if I was the salesman.......always best to do your own research before buying!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was asked by the salesman if I wanted a job after baffling him with my captur knowledge! Gotta do the research beforehand haven't you!Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Absolutely my point of view Cj!!
Imagine the client having more knowledge than the salesperson!! I would curl up and die!! A professional should know his/ her own job!
I enjoyed going to buy the Captur as I tested out the salesman to see if he had a good knowledge of the car....and he had!! Bonus points for the dealership!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never met a car salesman yet that knew more about the car he was selling than me - maybe that is why more and more women are getting jobs in car sales?

·
Registered
824 Posts
I dealt with a lady salesperson when I bought my Captur.......along with 1st time buying a Renault it was also my first time dealing with a female salesperson (trying very hard to be politically correct here!
I have to say that she was brilliant,never pushy,very knowledgeable and she was a petrolhead which helps a bit!! She was obviously interested in the cars she was selling and she knew lots about all manufacturers not just Renault.......I still wasnt convinced until Id seen my Captur in the flesh.....I was convinced it would not be as ordered......it went far too smooth for that I thought.......Captur was perfect and apart from it being a little "unprepared" on collection day I was and have been very pleased.......so its a big
from me....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts