Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered our Captur Dynamic MediaNav1.5 dCi on Sunday 23/3/14, went for all black as it was one of 'only 2' that were already in Southampton...... dealer initially said we would be in it by 4th april but due to delay in signing finance docs to release funds that was put back to by today.... call from dealer on Tuesday saying that Southampton hadgiven date ofdelivery to dealer yesterday.... didnt turn up!!! and dealer still had date of yesterday! normally i would be dubious about the dealer but given the amount of posts on here about Renaults Vehicle delivery system i actually feel sorry for them! they have already started throwing freebies at us (Mats so far, fuel next me thinks!) Hopefully it will arrive today, our dealer is nipping in this morning and this afternoon on her day off to check..... I just cant believe its almost £600 for delivery that is executed so shambolically.... especially when the veihicle was at the docks ready to go on the date we agreed to buy..... and date we signed the finance docs to release the money.....

Still wont take the shine off getting our Captur, myself and the missus (its in her name, as she keeps reminding me!) love it since test drive!!!!
everything crossed i can argue the dealer into picking up tomorrow... if the transporter arrives that is!!!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
The whole delivery shambles is very hard to manage from a dealer point of view; a year ago if a car was sheduled to arrive on a given date the dealer could be almost 100% certain it would arrive by then, usually it would be a day or two early.

A handover could be arranged for a couple of days later, finance docs would be signed, insurance would be arranged and it would all go smoothly, now we are letting people down, we honestly don't know if it will arrive on the given date and the whole customercollection process is slowing down as dealers are now waiting to make sure the car has actually arrived before confirming collection dates, getting docs signed etc.

It is a massive headache for the dealer and not good from a customer point of view.

Having said all that it isn't only Renault who are suffering.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi HTP99

I don't blame my dealer and she has been very apologetic for something she has no control over. It's frustrating for both sides when everything is signed and we even have Tax disc, V5 and finance docs off RCI. I even could understand if it had to be shipped from Spain. It's the fact that it was at the holding facility in the day we signed up 3 weeks ago... If the product is in stock I can't get my head around it being so difficult.... And then to give our dealer a date and not honour it... I know we are at Renaults whim but paying circa £600 for something like delivery should mean they give a date and stick to it !!! I would expect this of a delivery company if I had paid for a service so why not Renault!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Interesting insight into the delivery and supply problem in the UK...Would I surprise you to say that here in Poland I didn't pay anything for delivery as it's part of the service of getting a new car! I think that this is impressive bearing in mind your problems in the UK...I wonder if it is really a charge for shipping it...as the cars are delivered by transporter here from the factory....

·
Registered
741 Posts
Ythsie said:
Interesting insight into the delivery and supply problem in the UK...Would I surprise you to say that here in Poland I didn't pay anything for delivery as it's part of the service of getting a new car! I think that this is impressive bearing in mind your problems in the UK...I wonder if it is really a charge for shipping it...as the cars are delivered by transporter here from the factory....

Delivery will be built in to the price that you pay somewhere, it is a delivery costfrom Renault to the dealer

In the UKi f you look in the price guides it isn't shown as a seperate costing however when the orderiswritten/printed out, delivery will be shown as a seperate charge, the customer isn't being charged extra for it, it is just a breakdown of the figures; RFL and 1st registration fee will also be shown as seperate costings however they aren't shown as seperate costings in the price guides.

·
Super Moderator
2,376 Posts
The delivery charge situation in the UK is a long-running rip-off Britain fiasco. If you buy a fridge and collect it from the selling shop, you don't pay a delivery charge to the shop from the manufacturer or importer. Same with furniture... you may pay a charge to have it delivered to your own home, but that's different. The cost of getting the car from docks to dealer should be included in the car's selling price.

I've successfully haggled the delivery charge down (or got it eliminated) from previous purchases, albeit many, many years ago now. With the Captur, I never saw it listed separately plus, the way I am buying mine meant I just got quoted an all-inclusive price and there was no scope for haggling

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Interesting...I have the invoice breakdown in front of me and there is nowhere where this charge can be applied! I haggled the price across the country and got the best price I could which was very good.
Earnings are poor here so maybe they adjust the price accordingly, but on average the Captur's list price was some £3000 cheaper before any 'deals'....

·
Registered
741 Posts
The delivery charge was alwayswithin the cost of the car and was never shown as a breakdown however that all changed with Renault a few years ago,now if you look at the price difference between the "Total Retail Price" and "Manufacturers On The Road Price" this figure will include delivery to the dealer, RFL and 1st Reg fee of £55.
It isn't a con or scam or a rip off it is just shown differently; the OTR price didn't jump up by the value of the delivery charge when Renault started to charge for it, the OTR stayed the same, the "Total Retail Price" however dropped in price to accomodate the delivery charge, what the customer was paying stayed the same.

Why they did this, who knows?!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha tbh I don't mind paying for delivery if the service is efficient.... It's the appalling way it is managed that's my bug bare, especially as I have no other delivery options

·
Registered
741 Posts
Every single item that you purchase in the UK in a shop will have been delivered there, even a tin of beans, the cost if the item will include the cost of delivery, it's just that on cars the delivery is shown as a separate charge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, to add a bit of light to the situation, turns out Renaults delivery is spot on... Our car WAS delivered to dealer on Thursday, but no one at the compound bothered to tell our salesperson.... Sigh!!! Finally picking it up tomorrow!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts