Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
You take a newly formatted usb memory stick to the car. put into the usb slot, and turn on the infotainment system.
There is an update option. This option will put the fingerprint onto the memory stick. This is used by the MediaNav toolbox (on your home pc - if you have downloaded it), to determine what maps and software you have on the MediaNav system. you will then be able to download any software or maps that are available to you. You can also choose to buy additional maps and features.

·
Registered
921 Posts
good morning Crossbow

That's a help thank you
I do have a usb but
How do I know if it has anythingon it already ?

Lyn

Edited by: LynG

·
Registered
924 Posts
in order for MediaNav to recognise what it is you want to do you have to format (empty) the USB stick using your home computer file explorer to do a quick format. This action "empties" the stick. Medianav will then recognise the "empty" stick and automatically put the fingerprint on to the stick using the update option on MediaNav.
If you put a non-empty stick in the car's usb slot, it will either try to "play" it or do nothing. This do nothing thing happens if you try to use a USB stick that you have already used for download maps on an earlier occasion. That is why you need to re-format the usb stick.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I upgraded the maps free...after reading on here that it had to be done within 3 months or you would have to pay for future maps....while I was doing it I upgraded to Full postcode for £4.45...THANKS to this forum members for how to do it

I am of the old school...took me ages to work out that fingerprint was just another way of saying download what is on the Medianav...

Must admit any future upgrades I do will hopefully be one trip from the car to upstairs to the PC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts