Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Renault has led an environmental policy applying to all its business lines for nearly 20 years. And with a view to continuous improvement, Renault has committed to pursuing its efforts throughout the duration of the strategic plan, the objective being to reduce its carbon footprint by an average 3% a year between 2010 and 2016 in line with its world sales forecasts.

To that end, Renault is rolling out action plans across the entire life cycle of its products and all its activities.

Particular focus is placed on the vehicle use phase, which generates a large part of the greenhouse gas emissions calculated in the overall carbon footprint. In 2013, Renault moved to the top spot in Europe as the carmaker with the lowest CO2 emissions in use*, at less than 115 g/km of CO2, through an increasingly economical range of internal-combustion vehicles and the breakthrough launch of a range of all-electric vehicles.

The new models launched in 2013 are also contributing to the momentum. Captur emits a homologated 95 g/km of CO2 equipped with the diesel Energy dCi 90 engine, and 113 g/km with the petrol Energy TCe 90.

As early as the 1990s, Renault worked with its suppliers to use recycled plastics on its vehicles.

Today Renault is the leader in the field. The share of recycled plastics used in the manufacture of Renault and Dacia vehicles is estimated at an average 11% of total plastic content. In 2013 this represented a savings of 34 kg CO2 eq. per vehicle, the equivalent of 87,489 t CO2 eq.

Captur already has a 16% rate. Recycled plastic parts include the front and rear screens and numerous bumper components.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Great, I feel so much better now, of course this wont take into account the extra electricityneeded to begenerated to charge their electric cars; probably from a coal fired stationand also the amount of environmental damage incurred mining for the precious metals in the batteries.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Whatever the CO2 calculation used for the Captur usage will be well out because you can't get one. Renault should put more effort into producing the Captur instead of droning on about it's bloody CO2 footprint.
I feel better now

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
I suspect that the largest part of CO2 is from the electricity stations that have to generate the power to manufacture the car, especially things like the sheet steel, aluminium etc used in the construction, let alone the power used by the factory that builds the cars.
I can't remember the figures now, but a few years back I saw a comparison in terms of how much electricity was used to produice a car against the energy consumption of an average house, and it was several years worth of power to make one car.

On the basis that the Captur is made in Sunny Spain, maybe if solar panels were fitted to the factory roof..... ???

·
Registered
225 Posts
All very good. But most people want to know when they canexpect their Capturs with certainty rather than waiting long periods of time...

·
Registered
921 Posts
my carbon footprint is growing as I'm just loving my Captur

·
Registered
279 Posts
Renault's cunning plan to reduce their carbon footprint by not making the cars that have already been ordered............

·
Registered
355 Posts
Got Solar Panels on my roof, so every day in June especially my house is generating enough to power an electric car like a Zoe. Pity it'd have to be plugged in during the day and driven around at night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts