Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,just got delivery of my captor which comes with Spain, Gibraltar and Andora maps as I am in Gibraltar.
The question is. In UK I have a megane (registered 2013) with Tom Tom mapping for the whole of Europe.
Can I use it in the captor if I down load it to memory pen? The mapping is on a SD card.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
921 Posts
hi Denis

Welcome to the forum and congrats on owning your wonderful Captur

I'm not the person to help with your maps question

But I'm sure there will be someone on the forum that will be able to help

Which Captur ha v e you got
And is the weather wonderful with you today

Lyn

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lyn,
Weather always great here in Gibraltar. I have the 1.5 td. What have got? Hope some one can help me out, that will save me £110.00.
Best Regards
Denis

·
Registered
921 Posts
Denis said:
Hi Lyn,
Weather always great here in Gibraltar. I have the 1.5 td. What have got? Hope some one can help me out, that will save me £110.00.
Best Regards
Denis

It is warm here today which is nice ....
I have the oyster grey with black roof Captur S and I am really enjoying every moment .. big change for me from a two seater

I don't know if it's of any help Tom Tom have a section on r link

Also you get free map updates for the first 90d 55s after purchase

·
Registered
921 Posts
Denis said:
Hi
What is r link? Mine is black with cream roof. Where in uk are you?

Are you Medinav system ?

I am sure you get free map updates within the first 90 days of purchasing the car

I'm in Leicestershire just down the road from Market Bosworth

·
Registered
921 Posts
Denis said:
Hi
What is r link? Mine is black with cream roof. Where in uk are you?

Your car will either be Medinav or R Link

Mine is the medinav

R Link is the next spec up

·
Registered
921 Posts
Denis said:
Spot on mine just check its a media-nav.

Denis did you buy it as new ?
If you did you will have 90 days to update your maps on your Renault Toolbox

Renault Toolbox is a computer programme which you will need to register on it and then you will need a USB stick

Lyn

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi Denis and welcome to the forum.
The free, 90 days, map updates is just that. The MediaNav toolbox will allow you to update existing maps (i.e.. the ones present on your MediaNav) for up to 90 days. If you wish to have maps other than the ones that came with the car, you will have to purchase them.

NavTeq provide the map data for MediaNav, and the updating software toolbox is operated by NNG. It has no relationship with TOM TOM. R-link the alternative satnav system is tom tom.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just down loaded euro maps, takes a long time. Then updated the media nav in the car which again takes time.
Once finished I thought make copy to keep in the PC for future if I get problems. What I found is as you down load to the car it wipes the info of the memory stick. So copy first.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Denis said:
.... I thought make copy to keep in the PC for future if I get problems. What I found is as you down load to the car it wipes the info of the memory stick. So copy first.
Good advice, Denis.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Lyn,
All fine no problems, enjoying the Captur. At the moment just going to beach and back which is about 40 kilometres return it's showing 4.5l to 100k average. I am more than happy with that, September we going to Portugal which is about four hour run from Gib. I shall be leaving the Captur to rest for a month as we are of to UK on Friday and driving a Megane we have there, that's Crawley W Sussex.
Best regards
Denis

1 - 20 of 20 Posts