Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last January I started a new topic about the sloooooooooow delivery (http://www.capturownersclub.co.uk/forum/slooooooooooooow-delivery_topic621.html).

Despite that I ordered my Captur last August, I am still none the wiser when it comes to delivery date! Unfortunately, I had to resort to the option of threatening the local distributor with cancelling the order (on the 11 March) and after they put pressure, I was told that the car would be manufactured on the 14 March and shipped on the 25th.

Hence, I followed-up my call with the distributor on the 26 March and I was told that they actually contacted Renault the day before and were awaiting feedback. Until now, no feedback was forthcoming from Renault. The only thing that the local distributor could confirm to me was that the car was produced...but they couldn't confirm whether it was shipped or not, and if it wasn't shipped, when it would eventually be shipped.

I have been reading on various posts in this forum and other fora that Renault's customer service is a complete disaster - to put it mildly.

Needless to say, I will still cancel my order if I won't have the car any time soon...and even if the car will be delivered in the coming days, there will be no way in **** I will buy another Renault since they don't give a flying hoot about their customers. How arrogant.

Keeping a client waiting 8 months for a car and not even being apologetic about it is beyond ridiculous and arrogant.

I guess that my first AND LAST experience with a European car manufacturer is going to be short lived. My next car will definitely NOT be a Renault and I'm more than sure I'll go back to Toyota.

Edited by: galeamj

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ridiculous wait ! Shame on Renault.
I also vowed never to buy Renault again.
However, I took delivery of my Capture on Wednesday and I am so, so pleased with it. I nearly cancelled the car, but I am ever so glad that I hung on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you are not happy then cancel your order and demand the return of your deposit.

I know it can be done because I have done it (though not with Renault). No goods have changed hands and contract law does not allow the dealer to benefit from your cancellation by withholding the deposit because they will still be able to sell it to another customer for full price when it arrives and they have also incurred no costs to date.

When I did it the dealer initially refused to return my deposit stating they had paid for the car even though it wasn't yet in the UK (turned out they were lying) but after I had taken legal advice and sent them an email outlining my case for cancellation the deposit was returned in full without further question and within a couple of days.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would also charge them interest on period that the dealer first promised that you will have the car, to the date you decide to cancel - if you do. Loan rates are from 6% upwards and they had the benefit of your money all this time

·
Registered
40 Posts
galeamj said:
Last January I started a new topic about the sloooooooooow delivery (http://www.capturownersclub.co.uk/forum/slooooooooooooow-delivery_topic621.html).

Despite that I ordered my Captur last August, I am still none the wiser when it comes to delivery date! Unfortunately, I had to resort to the option of threatening the local distributor with cancelling the order (on the 11 March) and after they put pressure, I was told that the car would be manufactured on the 14 March and shipped on the 25th.

Hence, I followed-up my call with the distributor on the 26 March and I was told that they actually contacted Renault the day before and were awaiting feedback. Until now, no feedback was forthcoming from Renault. The only thing that the local distributor could confirm to me was that the car was produced...but they couldn't confirm whether it was shipped or not, and if it wasn't shipped, when it would eventually be shipped.[/DIV

I have been reading on various posts in this forum and other fora that Renault's customer service is a complete disaster - to put it mildly.

Needless to say, I will still cancel my order if I won't have the car any time soon...and even if the car will be delivered in the coming days, there will be no way in **** I will buy another Renault since they don't give a flying hoot about their customers. How arrogant.

Keeping a client waiting 8 months for a car and not even being apologetic about it is beyond ridiculous and arrogant.

I guess that my first AND LAST experience with a European car manufacturer is going to be short lived. My next car will definitely NOT be a Renault and I'm more than sure I'll go back to Toyota.

Out of interest you keep mentioning a 'local distributor' and not a Renault dealership.
Are you buying this car from other than a Renault dealership?
We got our Captur in the colour we wanted, spec we wanted all within 10 days.
BTW all the contact I have had with Renault customer service has been excellent, as has the dealer who I shall name. Lookers Renault in Chester.

·
Super Moderator
2,380 Posts
galeamj said:

Despite that I ordered my Captur last August, I am still none the wiser when it comes to delivery date!
Have you still not got the car or a delivery date?

I had my second monthly update yesterday; ordered on 27 Feb 2014, due at dealer on 15 July 2014. No confirmed build date yet; no chance of an improvement being made on the delivery date.

The "short" waits of a couple of weeks are where people have bought cars already made but not sold, so they are"lying around spare" in the delivery system. Quite why such cars have been ordered with no buyers when there are many people who have placed specific factory orders, I don't know.

When I bought my Scenic new in 1998 I was messed about over delivery. I don't know how widespread this attitude was in the UK, but shortly afterwards Renault's UK sales plummeted and they are still at a fraction of what they were. If they carry on like this again, I'm sure that their market share will again fall. They've already cut several models out of the UK range including the Espace and Modus and Laguna.

With Renault UK's current arrogant attitude towards private customers spending their own, hard-earned money, I don't know if I'll ever buy another Renault, new or used

·
Registered
428 Posts
IvorETower, Can I ask what model, what extras you ordered. Your wait for a UK customer seems to be breaking all records. Why is it taking so long. You must be so frustrated with Renault.
What time guide did they tell you when you ordered.

·
Super Moderator
2,380 Posts
Medianav 1.5dCi auto (EDC); it's the auto that is responsible for a large part of the wait (allegedly).
Extras: space-saver spare plus the Protection Pack (parking sensors and alarm which I believe are fitted at the UK import centre anyway, not at the factory).

When I enquired in early-to-mid February I was told about 12-16 weeks for delivery, probably nearer 16 weeks for auto. When I placed my order I had to wait a furtherweek to receive the confirmed delivery date, and that was 20 weeks from the date on which I placed my order. Because of this huge wait, I am free to cancel at any time and get a refund of my deposit; even the dealer was unpleasantly surprised at the delivery time.
This is my second attempt to buy a new Renault, the current Scenic was the first and that was blighted by delays. So, 2 new Renaults and 2 instances of delays/lengthy waiting times. This appears therefore to be "normal" for Renault, so I doubt that I will buy another new or used Renault as a consequence of the way that they treat their private customers spending their own hard-earned money. Complaining to Renault UK basically resulted in a "tough but you have to wait" response, so they do not really appear to want repeat business, judging by their attitude

Edited by: IvorETower

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have bought four new Renaults. Two Espaces, a Megane, and a Captur. The Espaces and Megane order time was 6 - 8 weeks. I had to wait 13 weeks for my captur. So my thought is that it not particular a general Renault thing, but a Captur production and delivery issue. The infrastructure for delivery has simply not expanded as much as demand. The demand for new cars has risen dramatically over recent times; now we are coming out of the recession.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Could you try a main land dealer and threaten your dealer with going onshore?

·
Registered
174 Posts
IvorETower said:
Medianav 1.5dCi auto (EDC); it's the auto that is responsible for a large part of the wait (allegedly).
Extras: space-saver spare plus the Protection Pack (parking sensors and alarm which I believe are fitted at the UK import centre anyway, not at the factory).

When I enquired in early-to-mid February I was told about 12-16 weeks for delivery, probably nearer 16 weeks for auto. When I placed my order I had to wait a furtherweek to receive the confirmed delivery date, and that was 20 weeks from the date on which I placed my order. Because of this huge wait, I am free to cancel at any time and get a refund of my deposit; even the dealer was unpleasantly surprised at the delivery time.
This is my second attempt to buy a new Renault, the current Scenic was the first and that was blighted by delays.  So, 2 new Renaults and 2 instances of delays/lengthy waiting times.  This appears therefore to be "normal" for Renault, so I doubt that I will buy another new or used Renault as a consequence of the way that they treat their private customers spending their own hard-earned money. Complaining to Renault UK basically resulted in a "tough but you have to wait" response, so they do not really appear to want repeat business, judging by their attitude
Ivoretower - it is not unusual to have to wait four months for a car that is built to order from any manufacturer. I personally would rather wait for MY car than one built to someone else's spec. Of course if you are lucky enough to land on a car that is already built with the right spec, you're lucky, but I wouldn't slate Renault for build times, most manufacturers are the same when building to order....

·
Super Moderator
2,380 Posts
Sorry cookster I disagree; first I am waiting 5 months not 4.Secondly since 1973 my parents have owned a succession of new Volvos, mostly automatics. They have never had to wait as long as 5 months for a factory order, and that's on plush vehicles that you would expect to be built slowly to order, as they are not produced in anything like the quantity of much smaller cars like Clios and Capturs.
5 months to wait for a Captur is stupidly long.
Don't forget that I have already posted that I used to work for a Tier 1 automotive supplier and the European manufacturers were aiming, over 10 years ago, for the "14 day car", a maximum of 14 days from customer placing an order for a factory-built car to it being delivered to the customer. Renault have failed miserably here; they messed me about enough when I bought my current Scenic and I expected better this time round but they have failed again

·
Registered
921 Posts
I wonder if the slowness is due to the recession and things now picking up but not having the man power etc to get into full flow

It's not just the car it's the parts and as we know lots of th these places closed down and OR working at a much slower pace than actually needed

The building industry is in the same situation waiting time on bricks on roof tiles and no Labour

Just my humble thoughts

·
Super Moderator
2,380 Posts
Yes, but then why is Renault UK advertising so much a car that you have to wait 5 months for?Also it appears that autos are on a much longer wait; why? If you are disabled and need auto, it's discrimination. Also although the UK is supposedly coming out of recession, that's not so true across Europe, certainly with regard to car sales, and it is almost as if Renault are rationing right-hand drive production (doesn't Malta also drive on the left, like the UK?)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts