Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for opinions on the forum lodging a delivery order complaints
petition along the lines of your name / model and how long you had to wait for delivery of your captur
there are near 600 members on here and taking each members purchasing
price average of say £15000 , would mean in this forum alone the total cost would be 9 million pounds

what do the forum think, is it worth doing and do you think it would make any difference?
maybe admin could run a petition and send it to renault uk ?

thoughts please

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have only been on the waiting list six weeks , i am talking about some posts on here waiting 5 months ! surely thats not good enough
appreciate your reply thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
A petition; come on they aren't all of a sudden going to start building them quicker.

The factory is at full capacity and the long lead times are due to the popularity of the car, either order one and put up with the wait or buy something else.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So in other words you think 5 months is totally acceptable time to wait for a production line car
British leyland didnt take that long and see what happened to them.i wonder if your opinion would change if you were one of the people on the long time waiting list c'mon were not talking about a hand built ferrari hereEdited by: GORDONR

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yes 5 months is a long time to wait for a car however you know the wait in advance, Renault aren't making it 5 months to annoy you, it is 5 months because the way that they are produced dictates it.

Skoda Roomsters when launched were over 6 months wait.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes agreed you know in advance' fair comment its the customers i am taking about that wait that long only to be told there is even more hold ups
I am waiting my time like everyone else and been given a far shorter lead time than others
Only my opinion and thats where we will agree to differ is that its bad pr and customer service at the end of the day

·
Registered
209 Posts
Can understand your frustration but as I have said elsewhere it is fairly standard industry practice to build many more cars to order these days rather than having (wet) fields full of cars that cannot be sold. As long as you were aware of the delay before you ordered I'm not sure there is anything you can achieve.

At least when your car arrives you will know it has been built within the last couple of weeks and that you have the latest spec.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Just out of interest it would be an idea to gauge the average time for a "from new order" to delivery, my own was 12 weeks and I thought that was bad. I know its coming from Spain but you would think Renault would have got their logistics tight before launching the Captur.

·
Registered
741 Posts
12 weeks is pretty standard for a new car order if there is nothing available to either modify or already coming through the system.

Renault have been caught out by the popularity of the Captur, Europe wide, hence why they aren't building Expression or Expression + models; the date for production opening of those has gone back three times, the latest date being week 24 this year.

The auto's were available from launch however production stopped and started a few times to concentrate on building manuals as they are the most popular.

Going back to people thinking a 12 week lead time is long; go to DFS and order a sofa, it'll take 12 weeks and most people are happy with that, why are they less happy to wait 12 weeks for a car which is infinately more complicated to make than a sofa?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Even if it did not make huge differences to production levels, surely it would convey to Renault that their customers are not satisfied. Personally, I have my own thoughts about ever buying another new Renault car. Its this knock on effect that Renault should be concerned with. I could not wait for months on end waiting for a factory ordered car, which is why I chose a "off the peg" Captur, despite not being able to choose the colour of my choice.
Renault UK are another part of this huge company who need publicity as to their miscalculations in distribution. I am one of their frustrated, annoyed and stressed customers whose delivery date keeps getting put back, despite them assuring us that their backlog problems are resolved.
So why not petition Renault if you are unhappy - unless you work for them !!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thewhiteball said:
Just out of interest it would be an idea to gauge the average time for a "from new order" to delivery, my own was 12 weeks and I thought that was bad. I know its coming from Spain but you would think Renault would have got their logistics tight before launching the Captur.
[
Exactly thanks for that

·
Registered
741 Posts
I don't work for Renault however I do work for a dealership; yes there are problems with distribution, delays and lead times and it's us at the sharp end that have to let the customer down and take the flackhowever a petition won't change anything, Renault know there are issues and areworking to resolve them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
A 3 month wait is quite common amongst many manufacturers, depending upon when in the cycle you place your order, it's called managed supply. Add something to the spec of your car that doesn't frequently go on the production line, that will increase. You should be made aware of this when you place the order.

If the delivery date goes beyond that agreed when the order is placed, you should talk to your dealer regarding compensation. Accessories are a good place to start.Edited by: Prof Pat Pending

·
Registered
824 Posts
The days of "standing idle" inventories is a thing of the past......anything "made" which stands around before being sold is to most companies these days regarded as a waste of money and resources......I am failing to see where the words "stressed due to waiting for a car" comes in......im sure there are other greater stresses in life than waiting for a new car.......The Captur is a sales success........if you want to be a part of it Im afraid lead times can be offputting.......any customer should be told of any potential delay at point of order.......dealers seem to be avoiding this in order to secure new sales and would seem to rather face the music later when the customer complains how long it is taking.....by that point the order is technically underway.......they can do better in this respect...at that point they will be getting somewhere..........

Its a common theme if you want specifics ie extras it seems that you will have to wait to allow for this to be done.........I chose mine from dealer stock just under 2 weeks for delivery exactly as I wanted.........I must have been lucky!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Within 30 mile radius of where I live, there are two HUGE!! car storage areas and both have hundreds of new Renaults, some Clios, some Capturs. This then to me does not say that they are waiting for manufacture completion or delivery from Spain but of poor distribution organisation. I stand on the bridge of the upper road and as far as the eye can see, there are new cars waiting to be moved out.

Unfortunately, there is also a very high fence, search lights and security staff with dogs patrolling the place at night....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah but those ones have to stay in the carpark for 3 months lol
I shouldn't laugh as one of them is probably mine !

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I agree with TCEddy - many desirable cars have a long waiting time. If the Captur wasn't selling there would be fields full of them! I understand the frustration you feel!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Mine took just over 14 weeks...but that was just after they were launched, and there were no automatics in the country!
I understand a wait, with a popular, new car, but by now production and distribution should be in full swing!!
I also believe that the problems you are facing, are down to the cars being RHD.....there's bound to be less made!
The main European market sees plenty of stock!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts