Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm new here, have been the owner of a Captur 1.5 dci dynamique 2015 for a while and recently I've been looking into replacing the old stereo with a brand new Alpine ilx-702D. Watched a lot of reviews and video and I made up my mind this is the one I want to go for, but there's only one issue: I have never done it before and I believe I lack of crucial info & experience here. Along with this stereo, do I need:

• a harness main adaptor?
  • a AM/FM cable? (I don't care about DAB but at least AM/FM has to be present in the radio..)
  • a steering wheel control adapter? (I assume yes)
  • a faceplate? (I assume yes)
  • something else I can't think of?
Also, last but not least, lacking of major skill do you think this replacement is something I can do by myself? If you have done it, could you please share your experience?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi the opening of the Captur radio and the back area shape makes it difficult to put another make replacement unit in and as you said you would need adapters plugs as well. In my opinion you would find it easier to put a Chinese bespoke unit in that would fit without too much trouble. I have fitted a Octo core P5 running pie android like this model :-https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-Core-Android-9-0-Car-GPS-Stereo-Navi-WIFI-SWC-For-Renault-Dacia-Duster-Sandero/233372518303?hash=item365616079f:g:pDMAAOSwJcNdqWeu

·
Super Moderator
2,415 Posts
Have you done this kind of stuff before and do you have a general idea of what is involved?
If so, you should be OK....
You will need pry tools to remove the existing radio surround plate and tools as usual to remove the old unit. Adapter plates etc as necessary, a harness adapter and if you want the remote controls on the steering column to work with the new unit, a suitable adapter and/or lead depending on the new unit you are putting in. The existing radio aerial lead will be OK but you may need an adapter depending on the input socket on your replacement unit.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi yes I have done it before. You need plastic type levers and carefully prise off the main cover and then you will see the screws to remove the radio unit. If you go for the bespoke unit I mentioned you should not need any adapters.the job is easier than it looks..so good luck

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have fitted a Octo core P5 running pie android like this model :-https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-Core-Android-9-0-Car-GPS-Stereo-Navi-WIFI-SWC-For-Renault-Dacia-Duster-Sandero/233372518303?
Stro - a couple of questions please. Does the 8-Core Android unit work with the rear parking sensors (i.e. does it show the parking display when reverse gear is selected). Also, is there a USB built in (for music play etc). The description mentions one but its location is not easily seen on the photos. Maps I presume are Google maps. Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Stro - a couple of questions please. Does the 8-Core Android unit work with the rear parking sensors (i.e. does it show the parking display when reverse gear is selected). Also, is there a USB built in (for music play etc). The description mentions one but its location is not easily seen on the photos. Maps I presume are Google maps. Thanks
Hi yes works with parking reverse camera. You can use several apps for Satnav I use Co-pilot cost me about £18 -well worth it(map upgrade free) , Waze, Google the latter two are free but you need to tether your phone initially to the unit. My unit has two USB and two Micro CD cards .Also these units are HD whereas the medianav is 800 x600

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi yes works with parking reverse camera. You can use several apps for Satnav I use Co-pilot cost me about £18 -well worth it(map upgrade free) , Waze, Google the latter two are free but you need to tether your phone initially to the unit. My unit has two USB and two Micro CD cards .Also these units are HD whereas the medianav is 800 x600
thanks for that but I really meant the existing parking sensors, which show up on the MediaNav screen. I probably wouldn't bother with the camera.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts