Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, couple of days ago my Captur 1.5 2015 diesel fuel intake hose got a very tiny hole. It happened because it was touching some metal part and overtime scratched so deep that it started spraying diesel everywhere.
I ordered a part for replacement:

Its just plastic clip connectors at the each end and i am planning to replace it myself. Hose is located at the top of the engine, and one end goes down and connects to some other part, but reachable.
My question is about fuel bleeding, i am not sure but i think it is self bleeding. Is there any procedure when replacing this hose, or i can simply disconnect and connect new one.
(There is no pressure in that line because of that tiny hole)

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi system is self bleeding. After you installed the new hose put the card in and press start but don't start the engine by pressing the brake or clutch, wait about 2 minutes switch off and the car should start normally

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi system is self bleeding. After you installed the new hose put the card in and press start but don't start the engine by pressing the brake or clutch, wait about 2 minutes switch off and the car should start normally
Great, will do that. Thank you. 👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts