Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to use the medianav as a monitor for reverse camera. Basically placed camera under the lip close to the tail gate openener and through the tailgate and though the rubber boot through the rear head lining and down to the vent in the left hand boot. Connections were made to earth and the and the reverse light wire and from there took three wires (video 2 and signal from the reverse wire as mentioned). Then took the wires up to medianav area. Took out the medianav and made three pinned
connector from the wires; connector 3 this is the reverse trigger signal, 10 camera signal + 22 reverse signal-. Now the tricky bit get a copy of dboot1.4 and install on a formatted usb stick, place it in the usb and the device will ask you if you want to upgrade...say yes and wait until in installation is completed. Take out the usb and turn off the medianav then switch on...wait until the logo in the bottom corner dbott1.4 appears and run your finger back and fore over the renault logo until you see a message confirming if you want to load wince 6... then take out the usb and on your computer put the microm manager on re insert and click on the usb drive where the programme is and then click on the micom manage and the menu should come up>Enable rear camera and activate then click off and reboot..Now you can connect you camera..The latter part is well documented on youtube. will try and get some picks up soon

·
Registered
870 Posts
graham49d said:
Well done but the chance of Joe Thickfinger managing that must be near zero.
Will stick to my mirror monitor.
Yeh same here Graham, but well done anyway.
What's your monitor like in sun Graham ?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not found any problem. Is it the monitor or the camera?
Maybe a shade or hood over the lens may help. If you could rig something.
My camera does point down so not affected by sun. Did get distorted once but found a rain blob hanging on lens!
Not had problem re occur.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Don't think it's the camera as that points down . But when the cabin is bright then it seems to reflect the light , which obscures the image. I find if I move the mirror into a more shaded position I get a better picture. Could be the monitor as it was only a cheapie , but at least the wiring is in so could change later.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Very interesting. Something I may consider. For now, though....how do you remove the fascia around the medianav ? I want to fit led for alarm into it.

Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
skronk said:
Very interesting. Something I may consider. For now, though....how do you remove the fascia around the medianav ? I want to fit led for alarm into it.

Thanks
Hi I used plastic trim pullers and then you have to remove 4 torx. screws to remove the unit

·
Registered
870 Posts
No! Not plastic screwdriver, there are different leverage tools that are required. Try it with your screwdriver and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi here are some pics of the installation..not a lot of help maybe to the installer

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Houstahousey said:
Well done stro, great job. So does your image come up as soon as reverse is selected,whether. Radio or Sat Nav are being used?

Hi yes the image supersedes any mode that's on ....radio; satnav; USB; but returns to the original mode
when you come out of reverse

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Forgot to say dboot1.4 can be deleted after you enabled the camera by the micom manager. You don't have to delete dboot1.4 it will just be in the background either way it will not effect firmware 4.06. It goes without saying you do this at your own risk but provided you take things carefully and watch youtube by google dboot1.4

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Strol, could you post links for the camera and cabling you bought.
Also the links to do alter the software if possible and any useful YouTube links.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
moby125 said:
Hi Strol, could you post links for the camera and cabling you bought.
Also the links to do alter the software if possible and any useful YouTube links.
Many thanks.
I used the cable that was supplied with the camera but connected an extra cable from the reverse light wiring. I used pins from an old sound or video plug found on a computer and de mounted them from the plug and soldered the ends to the three cable: see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQZYDnveR5k&t=258s

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Stro,

Can you please provide details of the camera and cable plus where they can be purchased or web links as I would like to install the same?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tommyd said:
Hi Stro,

Can you please provide details of the camera and cable plus where they can be purchased or web links as I would like to install the same?

Thanks in advance.
Hi I got the camera from this supplier because the connector on the camera is only about 6mm I was able to drill a small hole:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232008344353?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

1 - 20 of 133 Posts