Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm currently attempting to install reverse camera functionality to my captur. I have successfully enabled the functionality on the medianav via DBOOT 1.4 and MICOM Manager Configuration. It is now to install the camera.

I believe I will go for the install route where I insert the electrical wires into the existing 24-pin connector since I've been unable to get hold of the loom from Kwidcarsolution since their site has issues with no longer being setup to accept orders from the UK. I have got this camera -https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B012FQZ0A6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I believe all I need is another long length of wire that will act as the reverse camera signal cable. With the stuff ready to go, I just need to figure a route to install the camera.

--------------
So my first question is, once you connected one end of the reverse light cable to the 24 pin connector which is believe is pin 3, where does that connect to exactly?

Secondly, where can I source power from 12V to connect my black and red cables too so the camera can power up.

Thirdly, Does anybody have sufficient pictures of the route they took to install their camera and wire it hidden all the way to the back of the media nav? Or does anyone who has had a reverse camera install or the stock renault option seem how they were able to conceal the cables and instead all the way to the medianav.
---------------

Would be greatly appreciated thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
KmanOfficial said:
Hi, I'm currently attempting to install reverse camera functionality to my captur. I have successfully enabled the functionality on the medianav via DBOOT 1.4 and MICOM Manager Configuration. It is now to install the camera.

I believe I will go for the install route where I insert the electrical wires into the existing 24-pin connector since I've been unable to get hold of the loom from Kwidcarsolution since their site has issues with no longer being setup to accept orders from the UK. I have got this camera -https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B012FQZ0A6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I believe all I need is another long length of wire that will act as the reverse camera signal cable. With the stuff ready to go, I just need to figure a route to install the camera.

--------------
So my first question is, once you connected one end of the reverse light cable to the 24 pin connector which is believe is pin 3, where does that connect to exactly?

Secondly, where can I source power from 12V to connect my black and red cables too so the camera can power up.

Thirdly, Does anybody have sufficient pictures of the route they took to install their camera and wire it hidden all the way to the back of the media nav? Or does anyone who has had a reverse camera install or the stock renault option seem how they were able to conceal the cables and instead all the way to the medianav.
---------------

Would be greatly appreciated thanks.

http://www.capturownersclub.co.uk/forum/reverse-camera-through-on-medianav_topic4792.html

All of the answers to your questions are in the link above. The first few pages explain where the power for the camera and the plug connections go and also the route for the cables up to the medianav.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
Hi: Ground the black wire anywhere suitable and run the 12 v red wire from the camera to the<b style="font-style: italic;">reverse lightwire [/B]and<b style="color: rgb204, 0, 0; font-style: italic;">[/B]<b style="font-style: italic;">then on to pin 3[/B](which will trigger the output to the screen on reverse gear being engaged) and then connect the Phono/RCA to other installed pins on the 24pin socket. You will have to insert these pins into the 24pin..see my pics
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if you check on the product I ordered (amazon link in first post), there is a little red wire that comes out of the yellow RCA cable, do I just get rid of that then? The manual said that is used as reverse gear trigger, does that mean the wire can't be used and I have run a whole separate cable then. Also that means I should cut the yellow RCA bit off and that should split into two cables that I put into pin 10 and 22 correct? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stro said:
Hi: Ground the black wire anywhere suitable and run the 12 v red wire from the camera to the<b style="font-style: italic;">reverse lightwire [/B]and<b style="color: rgb204, 0, 0; font-style: italic;">[/B]<b style="font-style: italic;">then on to pin 3[/B](which will trigger the output to the screen on reverse gear being engaged) and then connect the Phono/RCA to other installed pins on the 24pin socket. You will have to insert these pins into the 24pin..see my pics

So if you check on the product I ordered (amazon link in first post), there is a little red wire that comes out of the yellow RCA cable, do I just get rid of that then? The manual said that is used as reverse gear trigger, does that mean the wire can't be used and I have run a whole separate cable then. Also that means I should cut the yellow RCA bit off and that should split into two cables that I put into pin 10 and 22 correct? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Yes that's it. Just to connect to nav unit, you would still have to run cables from rear of car.
It saves the fiddle of remaking/ breaking into connector. The suitable vehicle list covers all the renault and dacia variants
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
graham49d said:
Yes that's it. Just to connect to nav unit, you would still have to run cables from rear of car.
It saves the fiddle of remaking/ breaking into connector. The suitable vehicle list covers all the renault and dacia variants

Just ordered from here:http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=132407506364 as their main website kwidsolutionstore wasn't taking any orders going to United Kingdom, think their site configuration isn't correct at the moment as I've seen from a previous thread that people from UK have ordered from there. Anyone know how long it takes to receive from them since they're located in India?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
KmanOfficial said:
stro said:
Hi: Ground the black wire anywhere suitable and run the 12 v red wire from the camera to the<b style="font-style: italic;">reverse lightwire [/B]and<b style="color: rgb204, 0, 0; font-style: italic;">[/B]<b style="font-style: italic;">then on to pin 3[/B](which will trigger the output to the screen on reverse gear being engaged) and then connect the Phono/RCA to other installed pins on the 24pin socket. You will have to insert these pins into the 24pin..see my pics

So if you check on the product I ordered (amazon link in first post), there is a little red wire that comes out of the yellow RCA cable, do I just get rid of that then? The manual said that is used as reverse gear trigger, does that mean the wire can't be used and I have run a whole separate cable then. Also that means I should cut the yellow RCA bit off and that should split into two cables that I put into pin 10 and 22 correct? Thanks.
Just use the cable that comes with the camera
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright thanks for the help, will start the running of the camera cable through the tailgate and through the inner parts of the car tomorrow and then when I have received the loom coupler from KWIDCarSolution and attached it all within a week or so I'll post an update.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back with an update, decided to proceed with running the cable cabling and fitting the camera in the place I believe is where the official renault goes since there is a carve outline. I used a soldering iron to make the hole since I didn't have a drill lol never the less it came out finally I've ran the cable through tailgate and had to a metal rob to push the cables through the rubber gaitor thing. Tomorrow it's run the cable from the roofing to back of media nav and 12v wire and ground to the area where the reverse lighting is. After that I'll decide if I will wait for the medianav cable loom or just insert them into the existing medianav 24 pin connector. I had to chop off the video which I'll resolder on when it comes to installing the cable. Here are some pictures.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is the correct part to connect the reverse cable/12v cable to correct? What do I connect the cable to on this plug and how should I go about doing it? thanks.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hi, I'm currently attempting to install reverse camera functionality to my captur. I have successfully enabled the functionality on the medianav via DBOOT 1.4 and MICOM Manager Configuration. It is now to install the camera.

I believe I will go for the install route where I insert the electrical wires into the existing 24-pin connector since I've been unable to get hold of the loom from Kwidcarsolution since their site has issues with no longer being setup to accept orders from the UK. I have got this camera -https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B012FQZ0A6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I believe all I need is another long length of wire that will act as the reverse camera signal cable. With the stuff ready to go, I just need to figure a route to install the camera.

--------------
So my first question is, once you connected one end of the reverse light cable to the 24 pin connector which is believe is pin 3, where does that connect to exactly?

Secondly, where can I source power from 12V to connect my black and red cables too so the camera can power up.

Thirdly, Does anybody have sufficient pictures of the route they took to install their camera and wire it hidden all the way to the back of the media nav? Or does anyone who has had a reverse camera install or the stock renault option seem how they were able to conceal the cables and instead all the way to the medianav.
---------------
I just completed a reverse camera on my capture, you are right it is the third pin on the plug that is the reverse light wire it It,s mauve with a whit stripe connect your live to that wire and the other to your camera via the rubbers over the top of the passenger doors
God luck
Derrick
Would be greatly appreciated thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
hey friends
I cant find the mauve/purple wire with the white stripe who can help me __?????
The mauve with the white stripe is on the plug at the rear of the medinav it,s the third wire connect your live wire to it, and when you put it into reverse you will see your camera work
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top