Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed their front foglights come on when reverse gear is selected and main lights are on??........Just wondered!!
I know they come on when turning corners,but didnt know then come on when selecting reverse!

They do!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yup!Mine do that too.

Its so you can see clearlywhere you've been.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I suspect its to illuminate the area to the left and right of the front wings of the car, so that when going backwards the front has a tendency to swing out wide. This way you can see how much room you have to the front left and front right of the car.
Must admit have not noticed an explanation either in the user guide or by the dealer. Mind you by then my eyes would have glazed over.

·
Registered
588 Posts
cant stop...huff huff....but looks like your right...huff huff....but dont try to check..*sweating*... by jumping out and running around the front with reverse engaged.... (im never going to catch it!)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Bigbadtony, was it you I had just seen being dragged down the road holding on to the front bumpers of a lovely Captur going backwards? My, my what will people do to get Captur??!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bigbadtony said:
cant stop...huff huff....but looks like your right...huff huff....but dont try to check..*sweating*... by jumping out and running around the front with reverse engaged.... (im never going to catch it!)
Whoa what have I done.........

·
Registered
588 Posts
dont think they had a chance TC...ive left the bubble wrap on the car from when i got it lol

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Something else to watch on the front foglights/cornering lights...........if you have headlights on when you use the indicators the corresponding front foglight comes on.........so..............

They come on when turning steering wheel in a corner and also come on when using indicators....................amazing what you find out when you are bored at traffic lights

·
Registered
588 Posts
i thought that tonight coming home from work but i just put it down to being a bad day lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts