Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchase 2020 Renault captur automatic I live on a hill when trying to reverse the car just rolls forward garage had car all day it initially happened to the salesman but they said software needed updating and didn’t happen after.we’ve only had the car 3 weeks and I’m so worried about hitting a car in front anyone got any ideas please.

·
Registered
700 Posts
It could well have been a gearbox software issue, and may have been fixed by the software update. Just be careful with it for a few weeks until you feel confident again. Keep your foot on the footbrake when selecting reverse, until you feel the car start to move. I use my left foot on the brake when manoeuvering at low speed although that takes some getting used to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could well have been a gearbox software issue, and may have been fixed by the software update. Just be careful with it for a few weeks until you feel confident again. Keep your foot on the footbrake when selecting reverse, until you feel the car start to move. I use my left foot on the brake when manoeuvering at low speed although that takes some getting used to.
Thank you I tried it this morning and it was like a different car didn’t roll at all keeping my fingers crossed

·
Super Moderator
2,968 Posts
If you "stamp" on the brake pedal, the hill-hold function should stop it rolling in the unintended direction.
Check the menu system to make sure that it's not been inhibited

Reactions: Astan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Must admit I'm a bit suspicious about it all after years of driving a manual.
As I understand it there is a hill start assist which gives you a couple of seconds to move foot from brake to accelerator, say moving stop start on a hill or moving off at a junction on a hill.
There is the hill hold, pressing a bit harder on brake and the green light comes on the dash. It does hold pretty well on inclines and releases when you press accelerator.
If it looks like a longer delay I use the handbrake, remembering to make sure I'm in drive to move off.
Main thing is keep foot on brake if moving gear stick.
Hope I'm doing it right.

·
Registered
2020 S Edition 130 TCe AU EDC in Desert Orange and Black
113 Posts
Mine works fine. I have a steep drive and the car holds on it without any problem. This is however my third car with an autobox with this function and so I have been able become very comfortable with it. I can remember I found the original transition from manual to automatic quite disconcerting - just felt I did not have full control of so many things, but now would not swap back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine works fine. I have a steep drive and the car holds on it without any problem. This is however my third car with an autobox with this function and so I have been able become very comfortable with it. I can remember I found the original transition from manual to automatic quite disconcerting - just felt I did not have full control of so many things, but now would not swap back.
We have had an automatic for quite a few years so knew there was something wrong

1 - 7 of 7 Posts