Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas if Renault has Captur specific roof bars yet? I can't find any info on them on Renault website. At first I thought that my Juke bars might fit as there does not seem any areas on the roof to attach bars (Juke had to have them on the door frame area) Captur has one hole just on the inner rim of the door area which I presume is to attach roof bars but the roof bars are the things I can't find. Will try and get some information from dealer or customer service on Monday but just wandering if anyone else has got them yet

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Have a look on the gallery in Polish accessories and you will see a picture of them..They are avaulable for the Captur Worldwide.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ythsie said:
Have a look on the gallery in Polish accessories and you will see a picture of them..They are avaulable for the Captur Worldwide.
Sorry, I must be having a senior moment as I can't find Polish accessories in gallery. Can you tell me how to access it?
Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Has anyone managed to source any roof bars in the UK? if so, are they any good? Hoping to put a roof box on mine but need suitable bars first.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Should be available through Renault accessories as they have their own or Thule through E bay.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have just ordered the transverse roof bars from my Renault Dealer. I will be told when they are ready for collection. These roof bars sit across the roof and use the screw on the underside of the door frame, as observedby the op.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
This is the only type of fixing you can get for the Captur... As Crossbow says, both Renault and Thule. They have not made a fixing for roof rails.

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
84 Posts
If it helps this one was around the island here a while back... complete with Renault top box.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have noticed that a few "accessories" for The Captur have now started to appear on Amazon inc roof racks etc!

·
Registered
23 Posts
my thule kit just came today so i was able to get my thule/seat altea roof bars to fit the capture

£35 for the fitting kit1734

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Have you tried a roof box on yet? I'm wondering if it will clear the radio aerial at the back once the box is fitted.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The roof bars are quite forward, and my roof box which is short and wide sits well forward of the aerial. Mind you I had to drill additional holes in the roof box, as the width of each bar was not to the same as the previous bars, and I had to get new roof box mounting brackets.

Things are never simples.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

I have just purchase the official renault bars. I noticed that the front bar has a rubber strip in the channel on the underside of the bar but the back doesnt. Is this normal?

Also, can anybody explain what the 3 adhesive plastic pieces are which the instructions tell you to put on the under side of the front bar?

Thanks,
Adam_Fozz

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Adam, I'm away from home at the moment, but I'll have a look when I get back tomorrow if you haven't had an answer by then. One thing I didn't realise was the the bars are slightly different widths. Took me a few effing and blinding moments before i realised. As for the three sticky pads, no idea. If you find out, let me know

1 - 20 of 23 Posts