Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this something which all new owners have done and if so, how far did you run the engine in for? We rarely push the RPM dial but wondered if it is still 1000 miles to,ease the engine in? We have a 1.5 diesel automatic. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
428 Posts
600 miles I believe, though I'm not pushing mine until I have clocked up 1000 miles.
Nice and steady until then.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Weggy, these days it isn't that important I don't feel, but everyone goes steadily depending on whether it is petrol or diesel, watching the revs for the first 1000 kms, and not thrashing her for those first kms/miles.
The car certainly improves fuel and performance wise as a result.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Have a read in the manual, there are some recommendations for the different engines, but taking it easy for the first 1,000 or so is'nt going to do you or the car any harm anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I am aiming to hit 1000 to run the engine in softly and not out too much pressure onto it. Can't wait!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Weggy i had the same question for Renault before i went on a big trip abroad.my car is diesel aswell and the mechanic at renault told me that is not necessary with diesel cars only petrol he didnt explain why and i didnt push the matter.at the moment i have 1200 miles on board

·
Registered
175 Posts
Found my old post

Petrol version
For the first 600 miles (1,000 km), do not exceed 78 mph (130 km/h) in the highest gear, or 3,000 to 3,500 rpm.
You may only expect top performance from your vehicle after approximately 1,800 miles (3,000 km).
Service intervals: refer to the Maintenance Document for your vehicle.
Diesel version
For the first 1,000 miles (1,500 km), do not exceed 80 mph (130 km/h) in the highest gear, or 2,500 rpm. After completing this mileage you may drive faster, although you may only expect top performance after approximately 3,600 miles (6,000 km).
During the running in period, do not accelerate hard while the engine is still cold and do not let the engine over-rev.
Service intervals: refer to the Maintenance Document for your vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts