Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am really upset with Renault right now. I have had my captur 16 weeks now and when I went to wash it, I noticed some rust round number plate, took plate off and underneath is covered in rust. They have drilled straight through plate into bare metal and not cleaned up so the shavings have caused rust. Took it to Renault which is 30 mins away and they were really rude and not even apologized! I won't even mention the hole in my headrest!!! Check under your plates guys.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's very odd that they needed to drill it at all. Here's a pic of ours
before we bought it, the holes are predrilled. Your dealer was
obviously too lazy to make a template.

I would ask them to sort it out properly, if they argue threaten to call Renault UK.
I've always found RUK to be very fair when I've had a complaint about a dealer
Edited by: Prof Pat Pending

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
Looking at a Captur in the dealer's showroom on Saturday - is the interior panel for the tailgate just held on my a few screws? If so, it should be easy to remove and check on the internals of any holes drilled to apply the number plate - and apply rust treatment if necessary

·
Registered
174 Posts
I changed mine for the private plate and Renault Liverpool have done same with mine... I figure it won't cause too much of a problem before I get rid of it in three years time!Edited by: thecookster

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think because they would need number plate fasteners (nut and bolt) to do the job properly - much easier to screw a self tapper in through new holes....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Prof Pat Pending said:
Self tappers....really?
I'd refuse to take the car
All very well if you notice it before you accept delivery... Wouldn't be on many peoples checklist to look at the number plates, I know it wasn't on mine.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh im so glad its not just me then! i am taking it in on monday and demanded a courtesy car whilst being sorted. il let u guys no the outcome!!!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Just that if you have issues just go back to dealership with it - the warrany is there for you. You're fussy but that's ok I used to be too

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just checked ours...same dealer as Cookster ,..at least it better than when some manufacturers use double sided tape...I had my Megane from Liverpool Renault for 6 years and no prob with number plates or rust... Edited by: helart

·
Registered
924 Posts
My megane had its rear number plate fixed using double sided sticky, by the dealer. Remained intact for many years. When I sold the megane the number plate was still there.
My captur sold to me by the same dealer used screws. What type they are and whether or not they are fitted in the correct position I would not know.

I had heardtales that the police oftenexamine cars where the number plate is held on with double sided sticky, as this is a car thieves' trickenabling them toquickly replace number plates on stolen cars. Though a couple of self-tappers would not take that long to use.

Edited by: crossbow

1 - 20 of 25 Posts