Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally on board of my brand new Captur. I've assigned the task of finding a proper name for it to my son&wife :)
First thing I did when I entered the car was to pair my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with the R-Link system. And is went OK until I've tried to sync my contacts. I didn't managed to find a way to tell my phone to send them over Bluetooth. I even tried to share them manually by sending one at the time by share->bluetooth. The phone was unable to find the R-link in the list even I was paired with it. The car was communicating with the phone as I got signal strength and battery status. Everything I did was for nothing. I work in IT industry (computer & stuff) and I have large amount of networking knowledge and all that was frustrating for not being able toaccomplish such a simple task of sending my contacts over the bluetooth.

If someone cracked this enigma I would appreciate.

PS. The sound levels resetting by its ownhappedto me right as I was driving out of the dealer's garage. One time. then everything went OK.

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
Shouldn't the R-link prompt the phone to ask you that another device wants to access your contacts list? And you enter "yes, allow share" on the phone? That's what happens when I pair my Galaxy S3 to my satnavs for the first time.
Have you checked the paired devices list on the phone?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Mostly. The Rlink ask if I want to get the contacts from the phone. The phone ask me if I agree to share contacts. There is a Cancel and Yes button. Pressing YES, will lead to nothing. It does not share contacts. The Rlink is displaying a message that the sync has failed. But anything else work just fine. If I make a call from my phone the call is transfered instantly to Rlink. if I receive a call, the Rlink detect it and is asking me to answer/reject the call. Music playing just fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Are your contacts stored on the sim card or the phone? Most cars I've had need the contacts to be stored on the phone to sync them properly (no manuals seem to tell you this for some reason). Just copy your contacts from the sim to the phone, delete the pairing on the car and then re-pair your phone with the car following your original procedure. Hope this helps, don't you just love technology lol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem fixed. On Monday I will return with the solution because I'm on the phone right now and I can't reach to a computer this weekend.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not monday but I found some time to share with those interested the solution to the conectivity between some Samsung devices and the R-Link.I've searched the internet and on some french forum I've found a similar problem. It seems to be something wrong with the Samsung communication protocol. So, I've found a software on google play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.irmc

If you read the software description you will understand.
Anyway, for me worked and now I don't have any problems with the phone book.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts