Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having problems with having to have radio on while sat nav is running? When I asked dealer how to turn radio off without turning sat nav off I was told it can't be done. Is that true? How daft would that be as I am not a radio listener and don't want it going on constantly.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you change the source to say USB with nothing plugged in it will mute the radio.

Alternatively if you play with the volume setting you can turn the radio right down while having the sat nav on.

·
Registered
588 Posts
i think you can get around it by turning the volume right down Vbl. i dont think that effects the voice directions coming from the Satnav. hope im right on this

·
Registered
317 Posts
You are right bigbadtony, if you turn down the volume on the radio this doesn't affect the volume on the sat nav on the R Link version.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, I keep doing that (turning it down) but it just seems daft to have to do that

·
Registered
335 Posts
Is there a way to adjust the volume of the satnav voice as mine is very loud on my present car and I can't seem to adjust it. Just the heads up for when I use my r link.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi Dr65, yes there is, page 65 of the R Link explaineps how, I have copied this below for you:

volume
changing the volume
To change the audio volume, use the audio system volume control during a voice instruction or the ""System""� menu, ""Sound""� then ""Sound levels""� and adjust the following audio volumes:
""“ main volume;
""“ navigation instructions;
""“ hands-free telephone;
""“ telephone ringtone;
""“ voice message;
""“ system sounds;
""“ parking distance control sound;
""“ traffic announcements.
Press ""Done""� to save the audio volumes

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thx iang, that's lot better than the one I have now, the voice I had was deafening I mostly muted it. Appreciate the time you went to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Slightly related to the medianav, I believe there is a link to a detailed Users Guide.

If so, would someone please be so kind as to post it on the forum.

I think the user"booklets" from Renault are completely inadequate.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
526 Posts
SAT NAV PACKED UP!!!! Tried to use the sat nav for only the third time today. Worked fine as we left the car park at home " in X number of yards turn left" it said. Two miles up the road approaching M40 junction 15 the radio muted itself but the s.n said nowt. Map and vehicle position arrow still visible and moving but no speed warning ping,speed limit display,speed camera warning or display telling distance to next turning or destination. Re-set to factory settings,still no sound,camera warning,speed limit display but destination distance etc showing. Turned it off and used wife's google map on her phone. Tried again on return journey,no sound etc and vehicle position arrow and map frozen now. Warranty claim for new one? Anyone else had same problems? Previous use the s.n was audible with radio on but turned down. With s.n off speed limit pings went off when just using USB port or Bluetooth to phone for music but not with the radio on.

·
Registered
526 Posts
terryp,no mate radio was on as we left the carpark and didn't touch the volume until after problems started near M40 junction. However....
Took Henry,the dog out last evening and while parked up on grass verge,started then stopped the engine and left the key fob jobby in the slot,had another look at s.n. Found volume control was turned right down and speed warnings etc turned off. No idea why,turned everything back on again and it is working absolutely fine again. Why we couldn't find that and correct it yesterday is a mystery,perhaps because the the engine was running,safety feature? Why did it happen in the first place? Who knows?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts