Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My SatNav is not responding. This is the Default SaTNAV, not the TomTom.

When I press the SatNav button, a splash screen is displayed. It has an "Agree" button the I need to press to continue.

The Agree button is greyed out and I cannot press it. I have reset the MediaNav system to factory defaults and still get the same problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
when "agree" button is greyed out - it's means that navigation software cannot be started for some reason - it can be license problem or software error. Try to reload latest recovery firmware from renault.naviextras.com - there is link for file like :

If you have a problem during the update process, please download
the file below. Copy and unzip it to the USB stick root, and connect
the USB stick to your device. The update process will start.

you can try this... if not helps - contact your seller

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great I will try this. Have just been to the Web site and it asks me to choose my device. The devices listed are "MediaNav" & "4 Button MediaNav" The pictures look identical. How do I determine which one I have please?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I gave up and took it the dealer who very promptly did a satnav upgrade for me.

Hats of to Arnold Clarke. Positive experience of my dealer so far from sales to service!!

Thanks for your help and advice folks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I know it's some time since you posted this advice but...thank you! Your advice totally fixed the problem I had and I now have a fully functioning sat nav again.....thanks again!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Some advice from experience regarding updates.
My MediaNav infotainment system became "bricked" during an update. You have to run the engine during an update to ensure the unit keeps running otherwise it may turn off during the update, and die.
Fortunately my dealer sorted it. However, the only way to sort it was to replace the unit completely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Crossbow. Yes, engine was running. When the update started, it advised that the engine must not be switched off until update complete so as long as the advice is followed, I'd assume it should work fine. Certainly did for me and I'm so grateful it did!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, but it did not helped to reinstall firmware 2015_04_07_04_0_5. Have also reset all settings to factory.

Error messages is:
NAVI
Fatal error occurred in main thread.

or
Out of memory

Any ideas that can help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

My SatNav is not responding. This is the Default SaTNAV, not the TomTom.

When I press the SatNav button, a splash screen is displayed. It has an "Agree" button the I need to press to continue.

The Agree button is greyed out and I cannot press it. I have reset the MediaNav system to factory defaults and still get the same problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Hi Rockabilly Raz

I just tried your fix on my clio sat nav & it worked perfectly, no more greyed out buttons & all working again. Great info & saved me a fortune, thanks thanks.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Also you can try disconnecting battery terminals for a few seconds then reconnect them.
Push start stop button once so dashboard lights come on (dont start the car)

You should then see message on your media nav screen asking for code
This code is at back of your service warranty booklet.
Type in code turn it on sat nav unit and see if that helps.

Again the media nav units were prone to crashing, again the lack of software updates did not help.
If that failt try to reinstall software from Myrenault portal if you have registered an account through Renault UK.

cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the 'Fatal error occurred in main thread' error message on my Clio's Sat Nav. Thanks to Telmah's feedback it's working now :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts