Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2016 Captur appears to have a thing for B roads/dirt tracks/farms etc. It seems to want to send me on a geographical straight line between set off point and destination even if that means going along dirt tracks. It’s like I need to go into settings to find an option that says “avoid dirt tracks” but that isn’t there. I know my maps need updating but I’m reluctant to spend £55 on the update when I’m not sure that will cure the problem. Like I said it’s not the sat nav maps as such it’s the avoiding farm tracks. I also know that I can just use Google maps on my phone but after spending over £10K on a car I don’t think that it’s unreasonable to expect a Sat Nav that works properly.

Is there something obvious that I’ve missed or that I’m doing wrong? Any helpful suggestions would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

My 2016 Captur appears to have a thing for B roads/dirt tracks/farms etc. It seems to want to send me on a geographical straight line between set off point and destination even if that means going along dirt tracks. It’s like I need to go into settings to find an option that says “avoid dirt tracks” but that isn’t there. I know my maps need updating but I’m reluctant to spend £55 on the update when I’m not sure that will cure the problem. Like I said it’s not the sat nav maps as such it’s the avoiding farm tracks. I also know that I can just use Google maps on my phone but after spending over £10K on a car I don’t think that it’s unreasonable to expect a Sat Nav that works properly.

Is there something obvious that I’ve missed or that I’m doing wrong? Any helpful suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Hi, dont use mine as when i did i was a mile from my destanation,and it told me to turn round & go back.!!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Same where I live, plus it takes me the wrong way down our one-way village road. I did pay for the update, but wasted my money and nothing changed. I have tried all settings in the options list. My older Scenic with TomTom was way better.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Built in sat nav is rubbish,I use a TomTom on the dash.
Wary of updates as I paid £48 for an update on a previous TomTom,about seven years ago,and on installing it the device shut down and died never to work again.
Replaced it with a Sony satnav that only worked when you were stationary,it would plot your route but the map would freeze when you drove off and it only caught up when you stopped for a few minutes when it would find your location. Then freeze again until the next stop,fortunately I tried it out on a route I knew. Returned it and got the TomTom I use now that has proved to be reliable.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Built in sat nav is rubbish,I use a TomTom on the dash.
Wary of updates as I paid £48 for an update on a previous TomTom,about seven years ago,and on installing it the device shut down and died never to work again.
Replaced it with a Sony satnav that only worked when you were stationary,it would plot your route but the map would freeze when you drove off and it only caught up when you stopped for a few minutes when it would find your location. Then freeze again until the next stop,fortunately I tried it out on a route I knew. Returned it and got the TomTom I use now that has proved to be reliable.
A sat nav that only works when you are stationary. What a novel idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts