Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on the Renault website that you only get 70 days to register your new sat nav and update maps. Hope to do this and add post codes at same time. Trouble is I also read that the process requires windows to do this. I only have a MacBook and an iPad2. Has any one had this conundrum and solved this? If so how? Much appreciated help needed.Edited by: RogerThat

·
Registered
921 Posts
RogerThat said:
I read on the Renault website that you only get 70 days to register your new sat nav and update maps. Hope to do this and add post codes at same time. Trouble is I also read that the process requires windows to do this. I only have a MacBook and an iPad2. Has any one had this conundrum and solved this? If so how? Much appreciated help needed.

Hi

If you go onto media's web page it will tell you if you are compatible

·
Registered
921 Posts
RogerThat said:
My understanding is I am not compatible
Question is what to do?

Mmm it does need Windows it seems

You could call the help line or maybe you have a good friend or relative who might have Windows ??

·
Registered
921 Posts
Ric77766 said:
You can't do nothing. I have a thread on it. All they tell you to do us borrow so done else's laptop non apple !!

That's not great then is it

I wonder if it would react to updates from Tom Tom ??

·
Registered
921 Posts
LynG said:
Ric77766 said:
You can't do nothing. I have a thread on it. All they tell you to do us borrow so done else's laptop non apple !!

That's not great then is it

I wonder if it would react to updates from Tom Tom ??

I have just read an article about TOM TOM home. You may be able to do something on there with an upgrade

Lyn

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hi
I have taken a quick look at Tom Tom and it appears out inbuilt Sat nav is accessible via the Tom Tom web page

for both systems

It might be worth someonetaking a closer look to investigate

and working out the whys and ifs

Apologies if I am wrong but then us women as seldom wrong as we all know ( joke)

But worth investigating I would have thought especially for those who cant access the updates fornot having Windows available to them.. and available for us to upload new voices maps etc

Keep me in the loop

Lyn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts