Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
To make the Medianav satnav voice louder, adjust the volume when the voice is speaking. The volume controls are context sensitive, and will adjust the sound that you currently hear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
crossbow

that is difficult to do- voice isnt having a conversation only about 2 seconds of voice

to just tap + on the top increases the darn radio not the sat nav voice

i wish i could use navigation with radio disconnected then it would be simple surely ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
It does work tho. I was struggling to hear voice then adjusted it while she talked and it increased volume just fine! Tip I got on here a while back, so thanks to whoever it was!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think most people find the voice too low and advice from all was confusing - but gratefully accepted.

Should other folk be looking for this needed alteration can i best bring it all into line by saying do this ;

1. As the radio seems to play over everything i pressed the - button to reduce that to zero.
2. Set a destination to navigate to and drove as per instruction
3. When voice instruction advised anything, then from the steering wheel stalk, as it spoke to me, i lifted the + lever to a greatly enhanced level and could hear everything at optimum level.

Maybe it was me just not applying the correct advice from fellow Captur owners here on this forum
But now i am a very happy driver with my sat nav navigation- so thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, if you go into settings you can adjust all the sound settings for radio / sat nav phone / media etc , only thing is i cannot figure out how to save these settings, & have to adjust every time the car is turned on & off, which is really annoying ! as i to like the sat nav to be louder than the radio.
Surely there must be a way to turn the radio off & have the sat nav on ???

·
Super Moderator
2,487 Posts
You have to wait for the sat nav to announce an instruction, then when the voice is saying something, the volume buttons will alter the volume of all sat nav instructions. It's a bit of a weird one, but tht is the way it has been set up to function. There appears to be no way to alter the volume at any other time. If you happen to turn it down to "inaudible" I have no idea how you would turn it back up again

Reactions: Bigyam

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found a neat trick for this by accident. If you go into the navi settings and go to the voice selection, if you select a voice, even the one you already have set, it plays a demo. While it’s playing the demo you can set the volume as much as you want, all without even turning on the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts