Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Gradually getting to grips with SatNav but encountered a problem en route.

Already had some good help from this forum re silencing radio whilst using SatNav so here I am again, as a newbie, asking for more assistance!

Set a route & all was well with navigation as we drove along.

Stopped for petrol & when restarted got the home screen. Went to Navi but no current route shown.

Why would this drop out? (My portable Tom Tom always holds the latest route when switched on & off.)

Only way we could get round it was to: go to history; pick out the latest destination & re-request a route to there. OK not a major inconvenience but not really user friendly.

Is there a way of getting the system to hold on to a route if you stop half way for any reason?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the current route then "History" does the job as it's at the top of the list BUT I don't think a modern system such as MediaNav should offer worse facilities that a cheap portable sat nav.
This, & the problem with silencing the radio whilst using the Navigation, seems to indicate just how out of touch with the real world the techies who design these systems are. A triumph of technology over logic & user friendliness which forces owners to seek their own solutions to bypass the system.
Don't get me wrong, my wife loves the Captur & it is a big leap forward in refinement compared with the Suzuki SX4 that preceded it. I just hope it can match the SX4 for its absolute reliability & ease of ownership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts