Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feeling gloriously fed up. Just reversing into a spot at work having to bump up a kerb and hit the wall behind me. No damage to the wall, but got a nice scuff along the leading edge of my bumper. I wouldn't mind, but I've got the camera and sensors and I still manage to hit the wall. No one to blame but myself but it doesn't make it easier to bear. Haven't even got to a thousand miles on the clock. I'm hoping that some bumper dressing will mask it. Any suggestions before I slit my wrists? Anyone used Chips Away or Similar service?Edited by: Barrowboy63

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers folks. I've had another look and it could have been so much worse. Its really just cosmetic but I'm just so cross with myself. I shall have a go with some black bumper restorer tomorrow in daylight. and Ive got Chips Away coming to quote as well, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.Mrs. Barrowboy is none to pleased with me either.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, feel a bit happier this morning. The Man from Chips Away has had a look. Very confident he can repair the scuffs. £78. Seems reasonable. I'll post again when its done. I have high hopes. He repaired a scuffed alloy for me a couple of years ago and that was very well done, so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big thank you to Ashley from my local Chips Away. 90 minutes and the scuff is gone. The bumper is as good as new, scuffs gone and graining finish restored. A very happy Barrowboy. £78 all in.Now, if I can just remember to actually use the reversing camera in future... :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Excellent! If only I could get my partner to LEARN how to use it! She still uses the mirrors only along with the warning bleeps...
It isn't the easiest cars to reverse really as it has quite a few blind spots...touch wood!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers guys. I still can't believe I was such a klutz. I really can't praise Chips Away for the repair job. You honestly cannot see a thing. It was a bit painfull to watch him do it though, He used an electric circular sander to buff out the scuff, then sprayed it with some spray that dries 'grained'. Brilliant.
Going to get him to have a look at the scuffed near side alloy on Mrs. Barrowboy's Megane Sport Tourer Dynamique. And before you ask, she did that, not me :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh no. Same problem as Barrowboy. Scuffed rear n/side bumper on a wall whilst reversing. No excuses. Just a stupid lack of judgement. Rang local Chips away guy but he is reluctant to attempt the job. He says it will be very difficult to restore the stipple effect. He is based 20 miles away and has asked for photos of the damage and the stipple on the bumper. I await his reply. Spoilt my day!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts