Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Captur Expression+ TCe 90 less than a week.

Problems

1. Door seals - the driver door whistles when driving in heavy wind
2. Extremely noisy driver side wiper blade on day 2 - replaced free of charge; so far, so good
3. Screen wash reservoir was delivered empty*
4. Screen wash jet angles delivered pointing downwards*

*Dealership told me it's Renault's fault as their pre-delivery checklist from them is minimal.

Others on this forum have complained of EXACTLY the same problems.

I've emailed Renault for some feedback. I will report back if they reply.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Screen wash jets not a problem - the lack of water is down to the dealer and their PDI - or lack of.. No wind noise on mine, although I'll go with the wiper blades: shame nobody is reporting it to Renault UK though!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I managed to adjust the jets fairly easily with a screwdriver. My complaint is not that they were delivered like that but that others on this forum have had exactly the same problem, so someone isn't doing their job properly. The dealership blamed it on Renault, saying they insist on doing almost all the pre delivery checks themselves. I have reported my 4 problems to Renault.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Disagree with you dealer - dealers should check basic things like that before you pick it up. Renault Retail Cardiff were thorough with ours!Edited by: Tyrfelin

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absolutely. If someone is spending £14k with them you would have hoped they would pay a bit more attention to detail.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Maybe Renault will start getting it right with later models of this car!?
There are a few small niggles....but to be honest I'm not surprised!
The wiper blades sound, pardon the punn, to be a suppliers problem.
The washer jets...need to be looked at by someone in QC as they are set wrongly..
Door sills, are a design fault..I think we're agreed..?
A combination of small **** *** by both dealers and Renault

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I honestly think it is..but there are things that need ironed out...and it would be good if we could 'get these things sorted' and get a link to someone in Renault TO LISTEN!
Do you agree?

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Yes it's a pity so many seem to be let down by minor details! I count myself lucky with my last four Renaults but still think dealers need to go on training sessions to fulfil Renault's potential!Edited by: Tyrfelin

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Renault Customer Services called me to speak about my email and they have restored my faith in humanity.

They took an interest in not just the problems I'd had but also that others here had had them too.

I'll keep you posted, but if in doubt, log your Captur "niggles" with them!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:Renault customer service asked the dealership to call me, who left a voicemail. I wasn't sure I everwantedto speak to themagain. Customer services suggested using a different garage.In the meantime, the noisy driver side wiper blade issue came back, although not as bad as before, so I suggested going back to the original dealership one more time to see what they can do for me.

Dealership told me the wiper problem was "very unlikely" (i.e.I'm imagining it) and that wiper blades are not actually covered by Renault warranty so he couldn't claim for it. He added "We replaced it last time as a gesture of goodwill."

You. Must. Be. Sh*****g. Me.

Time to take the nice lady at Renault customer services up on her offer of having a different garage contact me!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Dangerous!...Next time you could be swept off your feet!
revlou if you make comments like Nick, you won't hear the wiper blades if your wife/partner is sitting next to you!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
revlou said:
Update: <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Renault customer service asked the dealership to call me, who left a voicemail. I wasn't sure I ever </span>wanted<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> to speak to them </span>again. Customer services suggested using a different garage. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">In the meantime, the noisy driver side wiper blade issue came back, although not as bad as before, so I suggested going back to the original dealership one more time to see what they can do for me.</span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Dealership told me the wiper problem was "very unlikely" (</span>i.e.<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> I'm imagining it) and that wiper blades are not actually covered by Renault warranty so he couldn't claim for it. He added "We replaced it last time as a gesture of goodwill."</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">You. Must. Be. Sh*****g. Me.</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Time to take the nice lady at Renault customer services up on her offer of having a different garage contact me!</span>
Out of interest reviou which garages are you dealing with?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts