Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there was some interest in the last post, I thought might as well write a quick review of the Seicane Android 10.0 9 inch 2011-2016 Renault Captur CLIO Samsung QM3 Auto A/C Radio GPS Navigation Bluetooth Stereo with Audio system 1080P Video USB WIFI Mirror Link Aux. There are also some other models for Capturs available on their website, but that is the one I have purchased.

Before:

After:

Faceplate:
The first issue with the faceplate is that it is not exactly compatible with my Captur. Here is the original Faceplate that I removed:

As you can see, the original faceplate has mounting points for the A/C Module, however their faceplate doesn't:

Due to this, the A/C module wiggles around. However, I plan to stick some mounting points to the faceplate they sent and hopefully that works.

Steering Wheel Controls:
The steering wheel controls do not work. I have no idea if it's because the CANBUS Decoder box they sent does not work or not. This Head Unit also has an App which should be able to read A/C Information but that too doesn't work. This is what my CANBUS Decoder looks like:

Wiring:
Wiring this thing was pretty easy. The kit comes with a wiring harness that is very easy to attach. The most difficult part was to pass the wiring from behind the dashboard to on top of the dashboard passenger seat side for the GPS antenna.

Hardware and Software:
Although I did buy the High-End version of their offering, I still feel that the Head-Unit is a little bit sluggish sometimes, especially on Google Maps and Spotify. On the other hand, it's maybe because I have become used to fast UIs on my OnePlus 8 Pro. I did not like the default launcher this Head Unit came with so I just installed AGAMA Car Launcher, which I really like. You can customize the Head Unit and the Launcher colors and logos to match the car.

Support:
Unfortunately, support is really bad. No one is able to help me diagnose the Steering Wheel Control issues. They don't speak good English and they try to avoid talking to you in detail. Each email gets at least 24 hours before they reply, so you can imagine my frustration. In an attempt to send this Unit back, they won't pay for return shipping (this Unit is big and heavy, so return shipping costs a lot, especially from the Maltese Island). I opened a dispute on PayPal and I settled for a 50% refund. The Steering Wheel Controls functionality is a really important part that's missing for me, but on the other hand this unit would have cost me $163 (after the 50% refund) and some tinkering and I decided to keep it. I have decided to purchase a Universal multifunctional wireless steering wheel controller from eBay. This should stick to the steering wheel and it should work.

Final Thoughts: This unit is not worth $326.00, because the faceplate does not match, SWC don't work, sometimes it lags and Seicane support are really bad. However, I think at half the price it's worth keeping it. I think it's still a step up from my previous Head Unit, which wasn't even a MediaNav.

If you have some other questions about the Head Unit, don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Very useful post, thanks. Yours is a 4G RAM and still sluggish to boot and load. That would not be good for me. I don't suppose the Android 10 ones would be any faster. This seems to be a common complaint.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Very useful post, thanks. Yours is a 4G RAM and still sluggish to boot and load. That would not be good for me. I don't suppose the Android 10 ones would be any faster. This seems to be a common complaint.
[/QUOTE]
Since there was some interest in the last post, I thought might as well write a quick review of the Seicane Android 10.0 9 inch 2011-2016 Renault Captur CLIO Samsung QM3 Auto A/C Radio GPS Navigation Bluetooth Stereo with Audio system 1080P Video USB WIFI Mirror Link Aux. There are also some other models for Capturs available on their website, but that is the one I have purchased.

Before:
View attachment 626

After:
View attachment 627

Faceplate:
The first issue with the faceplate is that it is not exactly compatible with my Captur. Here is the original Faceplate that I removed:
View attachment 628

As you can see, the original faceplate has mounting points for the A/C Module, however their faceplate doesn't:
View attachment 629
Due to this, the A/C module wiggles around. However, I plan to stick some mounting points to the faceplate they sent and hopefully that works.

Steering Wheel Controls:
The steering wheel controls do not work. I have no idea if it's because the CANBUS Decoder box they sent does not work or not. This Head Unit also has an App which should be able to read A/C Information but that too doesn't work. This is what my CANBUS Decoder looks like:
View attachment 630

Wiring:
Wiring this thing was pretty easy. The kit comes with a wiring harness that is very easy to attach. The most difficult part was to pass the wiring from behind the dashboard to on top of the dashboard passenger seat side for the GPS antenna.
View attachment 631

Hardware and Software:
Although I did buy the High-End version of their offering, I still feel that the Head-Unit is a little bit sluggish sometimes, especially on Google Maps and Spotify. On the other hand, it's maybe because I have become used to fast UIs on my OnePlus 8 Pro. I did not like the default launcher this Head Unit came with so I just installed AGAMA Car Launcher, which I really like. You can customize the Head Unit and the Launcher colors and logos to match the car.

Support:
Unfortunately, support is really bad. No one is able to help me diagnose the Steering Wheel Control issues. They don't speak good English and they try to avoid talking to you in detail. Each email gets at least 24 hours before they reply, so you can imagine my frustration. In an attempt to send this Unit back, they won't pay for return shipping (this Unit is big and heavy, so return shipping costs a lot, especially from the Maltese Island). I opened a dispute on PayPal and I settled for a 50% refund. The Steering Wheel Controls functionality is a really important part that's missing for me, but on the other hand this unit would have cost me $163 (after the 50% refund) and some tinkering and I decided to keep it. I have decided to purchase a Universal multifunctional wireless steering wheel controller from eBay. This should stick to the steering wheel and it should work.
View attachment 632

Final Thoughts: This unit is not worth $326.00, because the faceplate does not match, SWC don't work, sometimes it lags and Seicane support are really bad. However, I think at half the price it's worth keeping it. I think it's still a step up from my previous Head Unit, which wasn't even a MediaNav.

If you have some other questions about the Head Unit, don't hesitate to ask.
Hi I have fitted a witison octo core unit and the remote function on steering works ok on mine. The can Bus unit contains a series of resistors which select a resistor values for volume + - ,change channels etc. Have you tried going into factory settings and their may be settings that you could change . I think you need a pin number try 126

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, please can you tell me where you plugged your heater control if you couldn't plug it into the new faceplate. I have just installed a Atoto aftermarket and now have cold air blowing out but I have no power going to the heater. Help!!! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts