Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Self isolation what jobs have you found to do to avoid go crazy?

Finally got around to fixing the rear door seals on the captur, cleaned out the rubbish on the computer and backed it up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
  • Spent over 2hrs (and still going) trying to cancel a Tui holiday
  • Researching what I can do now my New Captur won’t be arriving at the specified time
  • Looking at what National Trust and Brit Heritage sites we can still go to
  • Shopping for my parents who are in their 80s
  • Mowing the lawn and Planting 2 climbing roses

·
Super Moderator
2,383 Posts
So far, I don't need to self-isolate as I feel the best I have felt for a very long time. In fact, I am most concerned about what people will think of me when my usual early-season hay fever kicks in and I start sneezing repeatedly. Working from home is not all its cracked up to be as far as I am concerned (and my job role makes it "interesting" to try to get by on my own) and I fear boredom. It's bad enough not being able to go out to museums etc at week-ends as they are all (or nearly all) closed, and of course grabbing a light snack whilst out and about now means that there are no cafes etc to go to.... it's a supermarket "meal deal" eaten in the car :-(

·
Registered
124 Posts
I spent an hour and a half, yes 90 minutes, taking each tool out of my small motorcycle toolkit, cleaning and lubricating them, then putting them all back in and underneath the seat. Yes ladies and gents, it has already come to this! ?

·
Registered
896 Posts
So far, I don't need to self-isolate as I feel the best I have felt for a very long time. In fact, I am most concerned about what people will think of me when my usual early-season hay fever kicks in and I start sneezing repeatedly. Working from home is not all its cracked up to be as far as I am concerned (and my job role makes it "interesting" to try to get by on my own) and I fear boredom. It's bad enough not being able to go out to museums etc at week-ends as they are all (or nearly all) closed, and of course grabbing a light snack whilst out and about now means that there are no cafes etc to go to.... it's a supermarket "meal deal" eaten in the car :-(
Well I really feel sorry for you Ivor, Please do as the PM asks, you may feel the best but consider others around you. This virus is a killer so maybe a complete lockdown is the answer , yesterdays pictures of people just ignoring any advice makes my blood boil,,,,

·
Super Moderator
2,383 Posts
Sunday's gatherings..... what did the government expect people to do? There was nothing left to do except either go out to the shops to try to get food or toilet paper, or go somewhere to enjoy the amazing sunshine as all other forms of entertainment have been banned (sporting events, cinemas etc)...... did they really expect that everyone would immediately stop going outside, next day after they issued advice? It will take a while to sink in to most people that now, we really do have to limit our outdoor activities however draconian a measure that may seem.
If I'd not been taking my car for a service and MoT on Saturday I would most likely have stayed indoors all day as I did on Sunday (apart from cutting my lawn). It's a crazy world we live in at the moment, and it will drive some of us crazy - or crazier than we already are.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Trying to claim refund on an expensive US holiday for the whole family. Airlines are playing silly bu99ers.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been unable to contact many pharmacy’s locally it would seem that many pharmacy's are
operating with a closed door policy, this is very good, most however are not answering
their phones.

Pensioners and those self isolating are being denied the information on when these pharmacy’s
are opening leading to wasted trips in a time that we are all told to self isolate .

Little or no pharmacy’s have an email address so even this is not helping.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Been walking my dog as normal,driving out into the peace and solitude of the countryside. As I have done for the last thirty plus years.Very rarely see another person,perfect. Wife says I'm unsociable,I just like my own space.

·
Super Moderator
2,383 Posts
Well,we're all doomed now anyway :-(

23 March 2020, the day Boris took our freedom away

·
Super Moderator
2,383 Posts
I have a weird sense of humour (and suffer from depression). The WHO has been pointing out for weeks the potential for "damage" that the virus could cause, yet it appears that no government took their warnings seriously.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I have been having a comedy hour reading all about the dumb and dumber people that thought it
was a good idea to still go on overseas trips in the last week to 10 days.

Richard and judy being some.

They thought I am not going to lose the holiday money so went, finding themselve stuck.

Our government will bring them back with a money loan.

How thick can you be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts