Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen a lovely metallic deep bronze Skoda Yeti 4x4 diesel auto, 3yrs 8 months old, leather interior, 4 almost new tyres,one owner and under 30,000 miles at the local Skoda dealer..... priced about the same (within a couple of hundred pounds) of what I will be paying for the Captur. OK the road tax is £200 a year against £20 but I've booked a test drive next week-end if it's still unsold. It's only just been taken in p/x (dirty footprints on the floor mats etc) and isn't even on the dealer's website yet, but it looks almost as-new.
Someone tell me I shouldn't......

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't do it...!There is more room in the Yeti , but that is the old model recently replaced... Engines etc a bit dated now... If it is £200 tax must be the 2 litre diesel.....not so economic as the Captur either...... Hold on..

·
Registered
405 Posts
How long have you waited for your Captur?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't do it, we all know the yeti is a myth

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yep go for it if your getting messed about by Renault go with what you fancy Captur lovely car but there are lots of lovely cars out there as well

·
Registered
428 Posts
Don't !!! You will regret it. Have another long test drive and remember just how good they are.
You have waited this long.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Never had a European car before (I do not mean made in Europe but European model, before anyone starts again about all the Japanese cars that are made in UK etc), Captur was my first...and last. Hubby has had Skoda for three years, never any problems; brother has got his second Skoda - first did 120000 miles form new - and he never had any problems. All my previous cars were Nissan, Mitsubishi or Honda for the last thirty or more years - and never as muchas a sneeze from any of them.My Captur has just completed 8567 miles, got off the Eurotunnell last night, got home to Yorkshire two hours ago.
While in Europe car had to be in the garage three times; problem with front axle, things rattling, banging, sat nav refusing to change from mph to kph, unable to show correct speed limits on roads - showing everything as either 50 or 100, screen going blank for no reason, reversing camera not working and then suddenly it comes on while I am in forward gears, auto lights and wipers doing their own thing when they feel like it.
Rouge car? Maybe but my money was real not rouge

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vbl - sounds like you have grounds to reject the car and demand your money back or a replacement vehicle. Sorry to hear of your misfortune and hope that you have kept a detailed log of all the incidents to assist in getting recompense.
My Scenic is my first Renault and apart from a few issues that have proved expensive but not difficult to resolve, it's been very reliable up until now. If it can only last out another 10-12 weeks without leaking coolant, squeaking from something engine-speed-related and rusting, I'll be happy.... but at the moment it's not inspiring me with much confidence. Rust was the only issue before I ordered the Captur so maybe it's sulking as it knows its time with me is almost at an end

·
Registered
428 Posts
Try some of that radiator leak sealant. It worked wonders when I developed a leak in my Megan.

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A bottle of "Radweld Plus" went in last week and the signs so far are encouraging.....

·
Registered
279 Posts
My Captur will be my first Renault - I've mainly driven Suzuki's up till now. All these horror stories are starting to make me wonder if I have done the right thing......

·
Registered
921 Posts
there are more positives than negatives

I've had several renault cars over the years and never had any problems

But like everything in life the bad news is always far more noticeable

Edited by: LynG

·
Registered
180 Posts
talk to us after the test drive .. i take it you've test driv the Captur??

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Goldy said:
How long have you waited for your Captur?
See my signature text... ordered on 27 Feb, delivery to dealer is due around 15 July and then should be with me a week later than that.

Vegas5000 said:
talk to us after the test drive .. i take it you've test driv the Captur??
Of course... back in early February. Feeling comfortable in a car is to me, one of the major safety considerations. There aren't many cars where I feel truly "happy" behind the wheel but the Captur is one of them

Edited by: IvorETower

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update: test drove a Yeti today and I won't be buying one. Third biggest motoring disappointment after an XR2 and SAAB9000. The ride quality is not what I was hoping for. This was a 4x4 and I was told that the 2WD is the same so there was "no point" in me driving the 2WD version (!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts