Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I'm going to book this in, but knowing that it's likely to be at least another week before I can get it seen, i just wanted to check something about these errors...

So I've got a 19 plate Captur 1.5 Diesel, it's still 3 months away from requiring it's first service and has done less than 10k miles at the moment.

I was previously getting a message saying "check stop start", which I looked into, but then it stopped showing. However, a day or so ago I started to get an error saying "check anti-pollution system" which I read up about and I've tried driving it in a lower gear on the motorway to clear it without any luck.

Now, while I'm still seeing the "anti-pollution" message, the check engine and service light are also constantly lit up even though it's still a while away from the service being due (which I double checked on the service indicator thing).

The car is still running fine with no issues the minute. But I just wanted to check if all these things might be related or if it's just a coincidence?

Does the engine light always come on with the service light, or are they separate issues?

Would those lights also be connected to the anti pollution error too or are they separate issues?

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
I've never had the engine light come on when the service due reminder appears. Sounds like it's time to call the dealer.....

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Definitely needs checking ASAP. I would be very reluctant to risk it even though it sounds like it could be a glitch

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 1.5 2018 Crapture with 30,000 miles had the same warning. The dealer cured this under warranty - the problem appeared to be a couple of short plastic or rubber pipes that can decay. I'm sure someone on this forum has input more info on the fault.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts