Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My wife's Captur is due a service but I don't know which type of service (full, interim etc).
I want to use a local independent garage for this job, how do I find out which service is due and the service history for the car?
Thanks in advance
Tony

·
Registered
2020 S-Edition TCE130 Manual
77 Posts
At the back of the handbook there is a section for services. It should be stamped by the dealer who did the job. No stamps, no history. How old is the car?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
The car is a 2015 model. I thought all servicing records were going on-line, hence the questions?
Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have found the service boxes at the back of the owners manual, but know details of the service intervals and service types.

·
Registered
2020 S-Edition TCE130 Manual
77 Posts
Service intervals are normally one year or 18,000 miles, whichever comes first. So the first service should be one year after the car's first registration. Service A is year one, Service B is year two and Service C is after three years. What is involved in these services can be found on this forum so just search for Service Intervals it should all be there. I don't know whether your wife's car is petrol or diesel, nor do I know is there is a difference in the services.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Service intervals are normally one year or 18,000 miles, whichever comes first. So the first service should be one year after the car's first registration. Service A is year one, Service B is year two and Service C is after three years. What is involved in these services can be found on this forum so just search for Service Intervals it should all be there. I don't know whether your wife's car is petrol or diesel, nor do I know is there is a difference in the services.
Thank you for your reply. I will look up service intervals in the Forums to see which service is due and then I can get it booked in. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Does this help? If your car has been serviced by Renault, they should have all records online. If an independent garage has been involved then it needs for someone to have kept the receipts. Services are annual but I think this is a Renault con as you can see from the attached - every item is on a two year cycle. My car has two service indicators, one for oil and one for cabin filter. I suppose having an annual inspection of things like brakes is a good idea but I can do that myself. Theoretically, like my last car (Scenic), every two years should suffice but I do like an annual oil change, especially on a diesel engine.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts