1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Plate Captur 0.9tce MediaNav
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Afternoon guys,

After a bit of help if anybody can shed some light on this:

Took the car for a service/MOT today (66plate media nav 0.9tce).

Service light came on last week, i tried clearing it just to get rid of the annoying light, i couldn't do it. Service intervals>hold on the service until it stops flashing. It comes up service 400miles (no idea why) the light goes out then as soon as I leave the menu it comes back on. I left it because I thought I must be an idiot and missing something, but the garage couldn't do it either. 2 guys tried the way I was. They also supposedly tried 5 diagnostic machines but nothing.

Anybody had anything like this before?

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
3,013 Posts
Yup, I get the service light / message coming on but the main dealer or independent garage clear it when they do the service..........

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats my point, the car isn't letting them. As soon as they go through the process of clearing and cone out of the service intervals menu, the light comes back on and it reverts to service requred and when you go back into the intervals menu it has resorted back to service due in 0 miles.

·
Super Moderator
3,013 Posts
Have you tried this way?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, thats the way I do it, and i believe the garage tried aswell as diag machines. As soon as I come out of that menu the spanner comes up again and the miles/months reset to what they was before within the service interval page. Ill try get a video shortly to try explain better

·
Registered
732 Posts
I think that is correct. Individual items are serviced every two years BUT Renault (crafty bu99ers) split this into two 12-month intervals. So you have a minor service where all they do is check stuff and replace a cabin filter, and a bigger service which includes an oil change. There will always be one of the two services required after 12 months. If you zero one the other one will pop up.
EDIT - sorry I missed the point about the light. That shouldn't be there. Definitely a fault with the dash computer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried to upload a video but seems it is too large. It has changed what it is saying now. Now when i reset it says service due in 10 days (was 400miles) i did try to reset both the service interval and oil but same happens. 😞 so will be a renault job then do you think? At least its not an MOT fail 😂 every cloud i guess

·
Registered
732 Posts
I "hope" it's not an MOT fail. They don't like warning lights at all. If an OBD scanner can't reset it then I think you will need to visit Renault.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I "hope" it's not an MOT fail. They don't like warning lights at all. If an OBD scanner can't reset it then I think you will need to visit Renault.
It passed MOT same day as the service with no mention on the MOT itself.
Ill have to swing by Renault, can't wait. Local dealer round here isnt the best, thats why i started using independant. Wonder how much they will sting me for? Will have to wait for now, heading up to scotland next week so will have to wait until after that.

·
Super Moderator
3,013 Posts
Yes, thats the way I do it, and i believe the garage tried aswell as diag machines. As soon as I come out of that menu the spanner comes up again and the miles/months reset to what they was before within the service interval page. Ill try get a video shortly to try explain better
Did you remember to have the keycard in the slot?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I too had this tried all the you tube fix`s none worked but when i had an oil change at a local non reno garage they did reset the light.
ps my car is a 2014 1.2 auto.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts