Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dreaded glowing spanner has appeared on my display and the message says 'service due'. My car was registered in November though so I'm a bit confused. I thought the first service would be a year from then?!

I'll give my local renault place a call tomorrow but any advice from you helpful lot would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
It may depend on how many miles you have driven, and if the date in the car's system clock has been reset

·
Registered
741 Posts
A customer/friend of mine who bought a Clio off me last year had the service and spanner light come up after only 4 months of ownership, it was just a glitch; the service dept re-set it and sent heron her way.

·
Registered
79 Posts
1st service is due 18,000 miles or 1 year, whichever comes soonest :) I'm on about 16,000 now since September so shouldn't be long before I get the Spanner :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I'm petrol and I've only done 2500 miles. Not had a chance to call yet as this is the first break I've had all day. Will give them a call now and let u know. Thanks again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like it's a glitch as htp99 said. The nice but shouty woman on the phone said there have been a few problems like this. Said they'd sort it for me when I pop in next.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts